TRACOM

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

rustysi

TRACOM

Post by rustysi »

Playing Japan CG (scen1) against the AI. I just rolled into the 1 Jun '42 turn. First game using the latest official patch (1108r9) and I have no pilots being advanced through the training pipeline. I mean none and I've had pilots in the TRACOM in sufficient numbers from the beginning. Current pilots in the TRACOM: IJA=33, IJN=45. There aren't any pilots with a due date. IOW they've all already reported. When I check training all the monthly groups contain approximately the same numbers and I get no reports of pilots being advanced by the TRACOM. In past games this had not been the case, the TRACOM was doing its job. I have also seen others here saying the same thing. Was there a change to this part of the game that I missed? Am I doing something wrong? I mean it was a simple process in the past, put pilots in the TRACOM, get trianies trained quicker. At least as long as you had at least 10 for the Navy and another 10 for the Army. Confused.[&:] Anyone got any help?
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb
jmalter

RE: TRACOM

Post by jmalter »

TRACOM effect on trainee advancement is a die-roll, not a sure thing. Might also depend on the # of pilots in the last quarter of training - if you've lately filled out your groups w/ newb pilots, have you also drained your replacement pilot pool?
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

have you also drained your replacement pilot pool?

No, and there's been no advance of training from day one. That's six months. I'd get it if it were once in a while, but six months? This is also the furthest I've gotten into the game, and its the first time there's been none. Also in the past I've seen it say X pilots in the 4-6 month group advanced, or some such message so not sure if it would matter if I had drained some of my pilot pool. Anyway no pilot pool is drained or even touched other than the pool of graduates, and that pool isn't drained either.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Trugrit

Post by Trugrit »

This thread may help.

Alfred's post is number 12.
tm.asp?m=3682487&mpage=1&key=pilots%2Ctraining&#3682728

It seems to indicate that TRACOM (Maybe too much TRACOM?) can sometimes jam the pipeline.
"A man's got to know his limitations" -Dirty Harry
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

Thanks for the responses. I still don't see what might be going on yet, but for now I'll just chalk it up to bad dice rolls and soldier on. If I don't see a change I'll be back with some screen shots and such.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”