[WAD]Helo Not Following Mission

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tinjaw

[WAD]Helo Not Following Mission

Post by tinjaw »

In the attached game I have two new missions set up - Atk helo 1 and Atk helo 2. Both were one fighter aircraft versus one hostile helo. 9 Sqd #3 launches on Atk helo 1 mission but ignores the target and heads off. 9 Sqd #4 launches on Atk helo 2 mission and attacks its target.

I am wondering why 9 Sqd #3 doesn't follow its mission.
Attachments
Airplanes..rcepting.zip
(318.52 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
hellfish6

RE: Helo Not Following Mission

Post by hellfish6 »

Without looking at the scenario, I suspect you've got "Investigate contacts outside of patrol area" ticked in the mission editor.
Rudd

Post by Rudd »

ORIGINAL: tinjaw

In the attached game I have two new missions set up - Atk helo 1 and Atk helo 2. Both were one fighter aircraft versus one hostile helo. 9 Sqd #3 launches on Atk helo 1 mission but ignores the target and heads off. 9 Sqd #4 launches on Atk helo 2 mission and attacks its target.

I am wondering why 9 Sqd #3 doesn't follow its mission.
Looks to me that it is on a generic air intercept mission and there are a dozen or so contacts on the map, it's going after another. Turn on the Targeting Vectors in the map settings and you'll see
tinjaw

Post by tinjaw »

I took another look at the saved game file. Although I would swear that I had targets selected when I created the missions, there are no targets listed for the two missions. Without targets, I understand why it behaves like it does. I guess I just have to double check my mission creation next time.

Return to “Tech Support”