Two Ship Flight RTB with Targets Left

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tinjaw

Two Ship Flight RTB with Targets Left

Post by tinjaw »

I did not create a mission. I launched to planes as one group. Once they were airborne I assigned the group four hostile aircraft. The loadout on the group I launched included 4 AIM-120 AMRAAM (2/aircraft). The group launched two missiles, one each at the leading two targets. When the missiles destroyed the two hostiles, the log reported "Group_#### has no units left; dissolving..." and the group then landed on the carrier. The group had two of the four hostiles still targeted and still had one AMRAAM each. They should have attacked hostile three and four.

After this, a different group of 5 hostile aircraft were inbound. I launched a group of two fighters in the same manner as before and targeted four of the five hostile aircraft. The group had four AMRAAM, like the earlier group. This group did the same as the earlier group -- killing two hostiles, leaving two hostiles, and RTB to the carrier with two AMRAAM left and the same entry in the message log.

I have moved on, so I don't have a game file to offer, but I wanted to at least mention this in case others have seen it. If it happens again, I will try to grab the autosave files.

Return to “Tech Support”