Special Indicators

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

FirstPappy

Special Indicators

Post by FirstPappy »

Does anyone know of one place with a glossary of all the special indicators? I've gone through some of the code updates and could only find what I show below.

I started out looking for what the asterisk is for following the name of a land unit on a normal screen display but could not find the meaning of it.

4. Added display of the path of a group's upgrades on the user selected upgrade screen; (+) against upgrade indicates the old original group path upgrade.
9. Added column for fuel required to Auto Convoy screen; '+' next to value indicates ships in port
22. Added on Army screen: show a '+' next to under-strength devices that are in pool, a '=' next to device if upgrade possible from pool.
25. Added the group admin & stack data on the hex list screen if applicable, rather than just when overloaded. Overloaded shows in RED.
28. Added '**' to LCU view for weapon not allowing split units to combine.
32. Added to ship with mine device, an '*' printed in Ammo column if there are devices in the pool; acts as a quick check if mines could be loaded.
37. Added to LCU Withdraw List: * at end of name means withdrawn unit loses devices; on LCU screen "out of theater" means loses devices.
51. On Army list screen, 'soft' value of %TOE strength and unit fortification level with 'p' to show unit is building them (LCUs in hex only).
54. Added mouse-over on device pool upgrade date with * shows upgrade detail.
64. Added Stacking limit check to army lists - RED location for over-stacked
72. Added codes to HQs on unit lists( c Corps, y Army, m Amph, n Naval, a Air)
6. Changed to the army reinforcement screen to show the LCU arrival base in RED if enemy- held at the time.
72. Restricted HQ indicator changed from (R) to (R) for temp and [R] for perm attached.
89. Changed (S) to [S] for HQ attachment to indicate permanent to align with [R]
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
littleike

RE: Special Indicators

Post by littleike »

Some time ago i attempted to collect something about this from the forum

---------------------------------------
Symbols

Army screen shows a '+' next to under-strength devices that are in pool, a '=' next to device if the upgrade in the pool. Helps to see what replacements can be used. 
 An '**' after the device indicates that the device differs between the sub-units (/C showing '**' means it has the different device than the rest of units, so it would stop recombining of subunits).
Sub TF, returning to home base at Manila. In the Set TF Routing, Patrol Zone line/button on the ship screen the symbols ~(!!) appear at the end.
First one is routing - I dont know what ~ is as all TFs of mine either have nothing for normal or ** for safer, safest or absolute.
Second one is the threat tolerance. (!!) = absolute. + is high, - is low and nothing is normal again.
Leader Combat Modifiers
The plus and minus signs (+/-) listed in the combat report under combat modifiers refers to whether or not a leader, in this case, passed or failed various checks to add their 'uniqueness' to the combat results. Therefore a combat report entry that shows "leader (-)' would mean that a leader failed to influence combat most likely due to bad dice rolls.
LCU screen:

'+' next to under-strength devices that are in pool, a '=' next to device if upgrade possible from pool.'**' for
weapon not allowing split units to combine
I have searched all of the notes, and I can't find an explanation for the "*" next to some LCU's on the ground units screen. Also, I see some transports now have a -t (i.e. xAK-t) appended to their type. Can anyone clue me in as to what these mean?
"*" this mean units is a part of bigger unit like Division etc. and if condition are meet in can rebuild. Enter unit and click "unit organization of..." button, it will show what other units are required to rebuild.
-t this mean that ship is modified to transport troops. Normal cargo ships also can transport troops but capacity is smaller. -t is used also for subs that can transport troops.
When selecting a new commander from the pool pay attention to the asterisks next to the commanders' names. Commanders with asterisks are pilots
of the squadron, do not select those.
LCUs
On LCU display: ** for weapon not allowing split units to combine.
On LCU display: ** in front and back of a device indicates it is a static devise
On LCU display: * in back of "This unit is composed of" indicates that the unit has an upgrade. (Select Show unit TOE and select the yellow hyperlink to see the upgrade)
On LCU display: + next to under-strength devices that are in pool,
On LCU display: = next to device if upgrade possible from pool.
On LCU display: "out of theater" means loses devices.
On LCU Withdraw List: * at end of name means withdrawn unit loses devices

Ships
On TF display: # behind ship to indicate command of TF
On TF display # behind weapon if is antiair capable.
On TF display: * in ammo column if there are mine devices in the pool; acts as a quick check if mines could be loaded.
On TF display: ! next to mine ammo if can reload at base
On Ship information screen * display near weapon range mean weapon has antiaircraft capability
Added column for fuel required to Auto Convoy screen; '+' next to value indicates ships in port (Could not find an example)
Air
On air units screen: # indicates unit has a withdraw date (Squadron’s name may be clicked on to access its Air Unit Information Screen)
On air units screen: * after Search when patrol squadron has more than one patrol level set
On air units screen: * indicates the location of the parent of this group (applicable to fragments and sub- units).
On the Air destination screen: –r and -R identifies bases that the air unit can transfer to overland by rail = by road= ( do I have these backwards?)
On the Air destination screen: The –s designation identifies bases that the air unit can transfer by ship.
In the lcu, ship, aircraft unit panel.
[S]=Static, can't move from location
[R]=Restricted, can move, but limited to a certain area.
To further clarify:
[S]= Can't be bought out with PP's, airgroups can't be transfered to bases with a different HQ and LCU's can't be loaded on to ships.
[R]= Same as [S], but can be switched to a unrestricted command with PP’s.
Bases
On base list, * (friendly) and ^ (enemy) to indicate mines are present or detected
On the convoy screen: * to base name if supplied from the western Allied supply base. (I don't understand this one, auto convoy is off for Bataan)
On the Bases list screen: * indicates Airfield is overstacked.
On the Bases list screen: b indicates that port/af have building turned on
On Manage Ship Repair display: # to show cannot complete repairs
Miscellaneous
Added mouse-over on device pool upgrade date with * shows upgrade detail.
The exclamation points and crossed swords over bases were added in Patch 1. They are as follows:
Red exclamation point - either you lost a VP last turn from low garrison or the base has critically low supply Yellow exclamation point - the base is low on supply
Crossed swords - Deliberate or Shock attack occurred in that hex last turn.

in combat report
12 x B-24D1 Liberator bombing from 25000 feet * Airfield Attack: 5 x 500 lb GP Bomb
This particular asterisk means the bombers are flying with a reduced (long-range) bombload. Either they are at extended range or they are flying from a base that is not large enough to accomodate that model of bomber.
Three jet pilot useless things: Sky above you, airstrip behind you and half second ago.
FirstPappy

Post by FirstPappy »

Thanks Ike. I'll add this and modify my list.
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 3.70Ghz Processor
32 GB Ram
Nvidia GEFORCE GTX1080 w/8 GB
LG 32GK850F 2560x1440
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Ike, do you know the answers to your questions in your list? Have they all been resolved (such as the AK-t question)? Hal
littleike

Post by littleike »

Sorry Hal

this is part of an old collection i made from various threads in the forum so questions are other users questions!
When Alfred said a few months ago that he would try to revise the WitpAE manual i posted a link to this stuff in an attempt to help,
so i no more asked about.

Three jet pilot useless things: Sky above you, airstrip behind you and half second ago.
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Ok, don't apologize, it's my mistake. I see now what you are doing. Hal
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Any addendums?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”