Legends Question, Need a little Help

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

princep01

Legends Question, Need a little Help

Post by princep01 »

I'm playing Legends and don't find a template for building Resupply Ships (those big mothers that need to deploy) anywhere (obsolete or non obsolete). Could someone please provide me with a build template for resupply ship. Any tech level is okay, but I am at tech level 3 in the game.

Thanks in advance.
princep01

RE: Legends Question, Need a little Help

Post by princep01 »

Upps, I see. I must complete accelerated construction before I can even think about building one and then it is limited by my ship construction size. mea culpa (duh!. I gues a template will become available in the ship design screen at that point.
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

I gues a template will become available in the ship design screen at that point.
You might need to have Ship Design automated, with control over the Resupply Ship design given to the computer, to have the standard design show up, if that's what you mean by 'template.'
princep01

Post by princep01 »

Yes, that is what I mean by template. A template is a standard resupply ship created by the AI in the game showing the needed components for that ship.

I will try automating and see what that does, but I think it will show up when I complete accelerated construction. If not, I found a thread that gives me a good idea what it needs to contain. Sadly, at third level tech, the max ship size is 400. That makes for a very small (and weak) resupply ship. I will probably wait until I can build size 500 ships before I invest.

Thanks for your comment Aeson.
Aeson

Post by Aeson »

I will try automating and see what that does, but I think it will show up when I complete accelerated construction. If not, I found a thread that gives me a good idea what it needs to contain. Sadly, at third level tech, the max ship size is 400. That makes for a very small (and weak) resupply ship. I will probably wait until I can build size 500 ships before I invest.
Resupply Ships, Construction Ships, and Colony Ships use the Base Size Limit rather than the Ship Size Limit, if I recall correctly; I know they do in Shadows and Universe, and I don't think it was any different in Legends (though it's been a while since I played Legends, so I could be mistaken). I don't recall exactly what the Base Size Limit is at third level tech, but I rather suspect you might be able to build a larger Resupply Ship than you think.
princep01

Post by princep01 »

Ahhhhh, Aeson, I see. You are correct regarding supply ships size being based on base, rather than ship, size. Yes, that will allow a meaningful supply ship (1100 at tech three level). However, I still have to complete accelerated construction before the game will allow me to build any supply ships.

Things are not so pressing now that the war with the Sluken has ended, but I am sure the next one with that unsavory lot is not far over the horizon. Much of the fighting occurred at the fringes of my empire. Fleets ran short of fuel on numerous occasions. The relatively short ranges of Tech 2 ships contributed further to my problem. The problems I experienced with refueling will be partially resolved with the addition of resupply ships.

Again, thanks for the clarifications.

Return to “The War Room”