An idea

CloseCombatRob

An idea

Post by CloseCombatRob »

Hello, I was wondering since you guys own the close combat name now, if you could put the older games up for at least a digital sale, these days the only way to get them is to ebay, and they can be very rare, or torrent (not sure if its abandonware or not so can't say if that's legal or not, some people say it is and others say it isn't), so I thought it would be a good idea to re-sell the older games, mostly cc1 and cc2, because these are the only 2 we cannot get through your games, maybe add a few tweaks to make them run on modern pc's, like on gog they have taken alot of older games and tweaked them so they run on modern pc's and still look and feel the same as it did, even steam has quite a few.

Thanks for reading.

CloseCombatRob.
prjw73

RE: An idea

Post by prjw73 »

Excellent idea Rob! Never heard of that site before but browsing through the available titles it does bring back gaming memories. Close Combat 2 deserves a place among those titles. I never played CC2 and would love to add the title to my collection.
CC hobbyist, creator of mods.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

That's a good suggestion. Matrix/Slitherine owns the Close Combat brand name, but I do not think they have rights to earlier titles published under Microsoft or SSI. So I'm not sure it's possible.

Steve
CloseCombatRob

Post by CloseCombatRob »

But didn't the earlier matrix releases such as cross of iron, wacht am rhein and the longest day come bundled with the originals? i know wacht am rhein has cc4 bundled with it because I own that
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

The old CC version campaign is included the Matrix releases for COI (CC3), WAR (CC4) and TLD (CC5) but it is using the exe and data file formats and is not the original game....
CloseCombatRob

Post by CloseCombatRob »

That is true to a degree, but still, they've taken the original game and added improvements and extras to the engine, which is essentially what cross of iron is for example, so if they have the rights to do that, then why wouldn't they have the rights to re-sell the originals?

Return to “Close Combat Series”