Missing part of the game

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

localmaki

Missing part of the game

Post by localmaki »

After viewing a youtube video I realized I'm playing with half a deck. No patrol search arcs showing on the map for example and no control over replacement pilots. I uninstalled, shut down antivirus, reloaded, updated with the Feb 2014 patch (now I have TRACOM, but nothing more new for pilots). Any idea how to fix this?
Chris21wen

RE: Missing part of the game

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: localmaki

After viewing a youtube video I realized I'm playing with half a deck. No patrol search arcs showing on the map for example and no control over replacement pilots. I uninstalled, shut down antivirus, reloaded, updated with the Feb 2014 patch (now I have TRACOM, but nothing more new for pilots). Any idea how to fix this?

I think you have installed up to the last official patch from the date. I cannot remember when the arc were introduced but it maybe with a later Beta you can try the last one.
Reg

Post by Reg »

Search arcs were introduced with the Second Official Patch (v1.00.95 - Dec 7 2009) and updated several times since then so they are hardly new. Simply set search arcs on the Air Unit orders page and they will appear on the map.

If you have the latest official patch you will have access to all these functions - there is no 'lite' version. This game is very complex and not all the features are immediately obvious. Keep experimenting and asking questions. [:)] - Heck we're all still learning which is why this forum is so active, even after all these years.

Edit:
Added arrow for Lecivius' post below (click on word to change)

Attachments
Arcs.jpg
Arcs.jpg (399.5 KiB) Viewed 34 times
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

As Reg's screen shot shows, do you not have access to change the 'from' to TRACOM, Reserve etc? Also, if you do not have the Maximum Range (lower right of his pic) set out a few hexes or more you will not see any arcs, even when you press the Show Arcs button.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Tech Support”