[Request] Hotseat Please!

This forum supports the Early Access Program for the PC for Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM). iOS, Android and Mac releases are still in development. SPM is the ultimate game of space exploration. It is the mid 1950s and the race for dominance between the US and the Soviet Union is about to move into a new dimension: space. Take charge of the US or Soviet space agencies - your duty is be the first to the moon. Carefully manage your budget by opening programs, spending R&D funds on improving the hardware, recruiting personnel and astronauts and launching space missions in this realistic turn based strategy game.

Moderator: MOD_BuzzAldrin

vince0018

[Request] Hotseat Please!

Post by vince0018 »

Hello All.

I would love for a Hotseat option to be available on the same pc, for playing multiplayer back and forth.

Me and my dad really like this game and would like to play Multiplayer Hotseat together,
we think it would be quite epic.

I know there's the PBEM equivilant however my dads house does NOT have internet :(
making PBEM Hotseat impossible for us.

(If you're wondering how someone doesn't have internet this day and age, well, my dad he's
under quite some financial stress lately, without going into too much detail.)

Thanks,
Vincent
czert2

RE: [Request] Hotseat Please!

Post by czert2 »

jup hot seat is realy missing, so i hope they will bring it in some new patch. after all, old baris did have it and it was main part of fun.
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello guys,

Yes, I've seen a few posts requesting this feature. I cannot promise it for the next patch, but I'll add it to the backlog and see if I can fit it in the future. Lots of things to do! [:)]

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PolarMotion
czert2

Post by czert2 »

ORIGINAL: vince0018

I know there's the PBEM equivilant however my dads house does NOT have internet :(
making PBEM Hotseat impossible for us.

hmmm, cant you setup private network by just coneting each pc to another via ethernet cabel ? and if im not mistaken you need differnet type of cabel to conetc directly two pc than is used conet pv to router to net. They have samme conetor, but diffrenetly contect interior lines.
And instead of directly conetion each to other you can try coneting them to router which will serve as "bridge" as see if it will work.
And using wi-fi is posibility too.
with some luck you will manage it to be virtual net and play it against each other without actual need to conetion to inernet.

and quetion to nacho - is game suporting playing via private/virtual networks or it need to conected to internet all time for multiplayer ?
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

ORIGINAL: czert2
and quetion to nacho - is game suporting playing via private/virtual networks or it need to conected to internet all time for multiplayer ?

The game only needs to be connected to the internet in order to download and upload the game instances. It doesn't communicate with the server at all while you're playing a turn.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com
czert2

Post by czert2 »

so, if i get right, op can play via private network if setuped corectly ?
Nacho84

Post by Nacho84 »

ORIGINAL: czert2

so, if i get right, op can play via private network if setuped corectly ?

No, no, because you still need to communicate with our PBEM server at the end of every turn.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Polar Motion

www.polar-motion.com
spm.slitherine.com

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”