Lockup

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

pzgndr

Lockup

Post by pzgndr »

I was getting into the EET scenario. In the screenshot I had just set a hasty move waypoint for the highlighted 3/A/Eyes AH section and went to set the unit to screen. I got total lockup (couldn't click anything, couldn't move the map, nothing), and I had to start Task Manager to exit the game. This is with latest game version 2.08 and Win7 O/S.

Attachments
FCRS.jpg
FCRS.jpg (834.99 KiB) Viewed 131 times
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
pzgndr

RE: Lockup

Post by pzgndr »

Here's the last save, if it helps any. I couldn't save anything from the lockup.
Attachments
NS_ASEyes..24_pc.zip
(345.81 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
Bill Macon
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

How did you try to set the order? Clicking on the unit, clicking on the UDP, or some other way?
Charles Belva
On Target Simulations LLC
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'm with Charles. The screen shot shows that the move order is still open and looking for a waypoint or an accept by clicking back on the unit or UDP unit image. Did you have the SUI open previous to this move or the TOC?

Thanks.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Hey, I was just setting the waypoint like always and then tried to click back on the unit to set the screen order. Nothing special or different than the previous orders that worked ok. I had a previous similar lockup earlier and restarted the scenario. On this one I took the screenshot and reported the issue. This is with the latest William grid map, if that makes a difference. Hope this helps.
Bill Macon
cbelva

Post by cbelva »

Did you try the del key to del the order and start over? I ran you saved game multiple times with you screen shot example and could not duplicate the lockup. We have to be able to duplicate it in order to fix it. If this happens again, try to remember the exact sequence you used and see if you can duplicate it. Thanks
Charles Belva
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Orders can be given to a unit by right-clicking on the unit icon on the map and
selecting an order from the displayed popup menu. Some orders just require
selecting to set them (Screen, On Call, Hold, Resupply, etc.). Others require
the player to designate up to three map waypoints or target points (Moves,
Assault, Barrage, etc.). With these latter orders you must finish the order by
hitting the Enter key or by clicking on the unit again either on the map or in
the UDP.

The exact sequence that I used was to right-click the unit icon on the map, select the move order, designate the waypoint, and then I tried clicking on the unit on the map again. It was working fine before, and then everything just locked up. The Delete key and Esc key did nothing. I could not grab and drag the map, or zoom in/out; nothing worked. I had to use Ctrl-Alt-Delete to bring up the Task Manager and stop the program.

I reported a similar problem way back before with an earlier version, and eventually others chimed in to report similar lock ups and then you guys found something. As before, not sure if this may be some new generic issue re-introduced with the latest version or this new EET scenario, or if there's some issue with my system. So, FWIW I'm just reporting what happened. If nobody else is having a lockup issue with 2.08 then it's probably me, but if others are seeing the same thing then it may a game bug.

Having found the saves, I'll try restarting later to pick up where I left off. Nice scenario, BTW; I'm anxious to see how it plays out.
Bill Macon
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Does it do this behavior every time from the save game? From a fresh restart of the game? We really want to narrow this behavior down. Like Charles, I can run your save without a hitch so I'm curious if your save repeats the error.

Thanks for the help.

pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

I played a few more turns last night from my saved game without incident. So who knows. [&:]
Bill Macon
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Was any other program open or running on the screen underneath the game?

Return to “Tech Support”