Missing typeset?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Midcon113

Missing typeset?

Post by Midcon113 »

Setting up a new scenario, imported the air base at Orland in Norway. Saved the file, called it up on my laptop to work on it some more, and called up the aircraft screen - and here's the result. The "O" in Orland is getting a funky ASCII character. [:)] EDIT: the issue also occurs when I reload the scenario on my Surface, so maybe it's a database issue?

Both my laptop (where the screen shot was captured) and my Surface Pro have the Steam version of the game installed and are both up to date. Not sure where the issue is. I'll post .scen as well.

Attachments
orland.jpg
orland.jpg (46.18 KiB) Viewed 67 times
Midcon113

RE: Missing typeset?

Post by Midcon113 »

Here's the file.
Attachments
NavalInfantryv2.0.zip
(81.33 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ClaudeJ

Post by ClaudeJ »

It's the "slashed o" (Ø) that doesn't show up correctly (here I can't even load the Orland 2008.inst, maybe because that file was saved in ANSI).

While waiting for an official solution, a workaround would simply be to open "Orland 2008.inst" using Notepad for example (I do use Notepad++), and save it in UTF-8.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4 Go, Windows 10 64bits, 32 GB RAM, Regional settings = French, Belgium
(Previously known as JanMasters0n)
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

Jan - great suggestion - I'll try it out.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

thanks guys we'll take a look.
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

ORIGINAL: Jan Masterson

It's the "slashed o" (Ø) that doesn't show up correctly (here I can't even load the Orland 2008.inst, maybe because that file was saved in ANSI).

While waiting for an official solution, a workaround would simply be to open "Orland 2008.inst" using Notepad for example (I do use Notepad++), and save it in UTF-8.

Confirmed - this resolved the issue - thanks again Jan!

Return to “Tech Support”