Crashes...crashes...crashes... !!!

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
PztCrackwise

Crashes...crashes...crashes... !!!

Post by PztCrackwise »

I just wanted to give GtC multiplayer a second chance. But the game crashes all the time!!!

Guys, developers, please I don't want to insult your intellectual capacity or anything. I believe you are normally sensible good people, however you have evil bosses which prevent you from doing what you are supposed to be doing: FIX the bloody multiplayer!!

Today I tried to start a game with a friend of mine, and we had 2 crashes in 4 game launches in total! This is unacceptable. Please solve these issues, because it makes multiplayer garbage. (And I paid money to this game only for MP.

Attached you see the error I got when my opponent's game froze. No airstrike, no truce, no tank explosions were present. I don't know why it froze on my opponent's side (He was the receiver, I was the host.) As you know, crashes/freezes always happen on the receiving side, not the host side.

PipFromSlitherine

RE: Crashes...crashes...crashes... !!!

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

Steve has posted about the fixes to MP that he has implemented and which are currently going through the process to push out the update, thanks to the people who were willing to run the special EXE we built to find these issues after our inability to repeat them. So a fix is incoming.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
zakblood

RE: Crashes...crashes...crashes... !!!

Post by zakblood »

fix is up...

Today the latest game in the fan-favourite Close Combat series is receiving a new update to make your multiplayer experience even smoother. Indeed, thanks to some bug fixes and UI enhancements, you have now no excuse to lose during your merciless duels!

Please find below the complete list of changes included in patch 1.02:

Bug Fixes

Correct error message is now displayed (instead of unknown Error・) when the serial number check fails during lobby login.
Fixed a bug that could crash on a multi-player client if the currently selected team on the client was a friendly vehicle and that vehicle was abandoned.
Fixed a multi-player bug where an airstrike could cause a crash if it completely destroyed a unit.
Fixed a multi-player bug where the client could crash if the currently selected team surrendered.
Fixed a multi-player bug where teams renamed by the client player were not renamed on the host.

Improvements

The multi-player client will no longer hear the 'call for fire' sound cue when the host calls for artillery or mortar support.
If a gun is destroyed while being towed, the towing vehicle automatically dismounts passengers.
The Team List now reappears correctly when you switch to Overview mode and back.
Double clicking a message from a team now selects and highlights that team, in addition to moving the point of view.
Double clicking a message to view the reporting team works correctly even when the Team Info panel has been moved.

Get the patch here.

Click here for more information about Close Combat: Gateway to Caen.

tm.asp?m=3796330&mpage=1&key=&#3796330
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”