Incorrect HI Calculation in IM Screen

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Omnius

Incorrect HI Calculation in IM Screen

Post by Omnius »

I've been making a spreadsheet to track aircraft & engine production and how many HI points are needed. I input every aircraft and engine sorted by engine type so I see each engine group separately. Much easier than always having to count up engine needs by aircraft manually.

After completing it I found an error in the HI cost for aircraft produced in the Industry Management Screen. I wanted to ensure I had made no mistakes in making my spreadsheet and inputting all information. My HI costs were correct for all engines and aircraft until I came upon multi-engine planes. The Industry Management Screen is simply calculating HI cost for airframes at Rate times 18, instead of Rate times number of engines times 18.

I'm assuming that the program will calculate the actual HI cost properly so will leave my spreadsheet alone since it is correct as per the rules. I know there's a bit of randomness in how many engines or airframes get built based upon the Rate but this gives me a great idea of how many engines I have too few producing or too many.

I still have to input how many are on the map and how many of each type of plane come in as reinforcements. Then with what's already in my Pool I can determine future needs for production of each type of engine and plane. I can change values as they change in the game as new R&D aircraft and engines come online. I show them producing at a Rate of zero until they become active and a factory is producing them.

Omnius

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”