[RELEASED] 2017 Water Wars ready for testing

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

jarraya

[RELEASED] 2017 Water Wars ready for testing

Post by jarraya »

Hey guys, my first scenario ready for testing. When writing this scenario I wanted to achieve three things:

1) Make a scenario based on a plausible, real-life conflict
2) Show how intelligence can have a significant impact on the early stages of a conflict
3) Give the player various "fronts" to challenge him/her

I hope I did it. Appreciate all feedback.

NOTE: You should turn off the events messages to get the best experience.

Enjoy

Attachments
2017 Water Wars.zip
(162.08 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Mgellis

RE: 2017 Water Wars ready for testing

Post by Mgellis »

I've downloaded it and will give it a try.

By the way, just so it is consistent with other scenarios, the two files should be renamed as...

Water Wars, 2017.scen
Water Wars, 2017.ini

jarraya

Post by jarraya »

ORIGINAL: Mgellis

I've downloaded it and will give it a try.

By the way, just so it is consistent with other scenarios, the two files should be renamed as...

Water Wars, 2017.scen
Water Wars, 2017.ini

Thanks! Have corrected the filenames
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Good, layered threat environment. Fun units to command. Wish I had some ships!
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

ORIGINAL: Primarchx

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. Good, layered threat environment. Fun units to command. Wish I had some ships!

I don't want to spoil it..... but wait. Just make sure you stick to the orders.
Mgellis

Post by Mgellis »

I agree. Very challenging so far. Can't think of anything in particular that needs to be fixed or changed yet. I lost the AEW aircraft (stupid...just not paying attention and enemy fighters got too close) only a few hours in, so I stopped at that point and will try again tomorrow or in a few days.

jarraya

Post by jarraya »

Have uploaded a small update - one event wasn't scoring and another wasn't adding units as designed. Should be ok now.
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Peruvian sub is on mission that has active radar - so it's at periscope depth using radar (not stealthy!).

SPOILER, I was able to use a single F-16 and the rugged Andes topography to completely deplete a SAM site of all its' SAMs by popping up, being fired upon then dropping back down below the radar horizon to break guidance. Not a flaw in the scenario but a general FYI.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Peruvian sub is on mission that has active radar - so it's at periscope depth using radar (not stealthy!).

SPOILER, I was able to use a single F-16 and the rugged Andes topography to completely deplete a SAM site of all its' SAMs by popping up, being fired upon then dropping back down below the radar horizon to break guidance. Not a flaw in the scenario but a general FYI.

This version of the game you can assign the SAM to a AAW patrol mission and use a prosecution zone to control where the SAM fires into.

Next version you can use the weapons release authority feature to control more[:)]
jarraya

Post by jarraya »

Always teasing!

Will there be a "don't shoot all your missiles at one plane like a madman" button?
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

This version of the game you can assign the SAM to a AAW patrol mission and use a prosecution zone to control where the SAM fires into.

Next version you can use the weapons release authority feature to control more[:)]

Glad you brought that up, Mike! I wasn't aware you had that much control at the moment on firing areas at the moment. Of course WRA will add even more flexibility!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: jarraya

Always teasing!

Will there be a "don't shoot all your missiles at one plane like a madman" button?

Details are here:

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=3598

Mike

mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Glad you brought that up, Mike! I wasn't aware you had that much control at the moment on firing areas at the moment. Of course WRA will add even more flexibility!

Are you still a beta tester? If so and you don't know that is a problem.

Mike
Primarchx

Post by Primarchx »

Must of missed it with the holiday rush.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”