Introducing Intel Monkey (Another New Version: 0.4.1b)

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (Another New Version: 0.4.1b)

Post by geofflambert »

I put a copy of python 34 (which I assume is the right one in the tools folder, but no help

Attachments
pythonintools.jpg
pythonintools.jpg (56.55 KiB) Viewed 113 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's the Intelmonkey folder

Attachments
getbasesfromscen.jpg
getbasesfromscen.jpg (55.54 KiB) Viewed 112 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I've got Tracker working fine, but when I try to "get bases" a window briefly flashes on screen then disappears

I notice that you have V1-1 of the get bases program. The current version (for a long time) is V1-2. That was so long ago I just don't remember if there was a bug (that you are seeing) and that's why it was replaced. Download Intel Monkey again from the web site and that .zip file has V1-2 of the get bases program.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I put a copy of python 34 (which I assume is the right one in the tools folder, but no help

Although it doesn't really matter where Python is installed, you should just leave it in the default place (which is probably "C:\Python34").

The fact that the program ran and got all the way up to line 730 means that it found Python just fine. Not sure why that error is popping up. Let's get the "get bases" utility run so that you have a valid bases.txt for Intel Monkey to use.

Note: If you are running the AE Beta, then go to the Beta folder, and copy the (probably newer) version of witploadAE.exe into the Intel Monkey folder.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Tried it, still whenever I double click on getbases or witploadAE a command screen flashes in front of my eyes.

Could it have something to do with now having a 64 bit processor?
Attachments
monkeybusiness.jpg
monkeybusiness.jpg (107.25 KiB) Viewed 112 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Please: Go into Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features. Make sure the list is sorted by name. Scroll down to the area where Python is listed. Take a screenshot of that area.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Attachments
monkees.jpg
monkees.jpg (206.87 KiB) Viewed 112 times

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

OK, I checked my own installation, checked my programming area, and checked the actual zip file that I uploaded to the Intel Monkey site. I then downloaded the zip file that is on the Intel Monkey site. They all have the same date and time which is different from the date and time on your files.

Specifically, the IntelMonkey-A.py and IntelMonkey-J.py files here (and on the web site) have date/time of "9/24/2012 10:03 PM" (both files). Second, when I download the zip file from the web site it has V1-1 of the get bases program.

So, I have updated the zip file on the web site. There is nothing new, but it should be different than the files you are running. Download again and try it. Try the get bases first, because you do need a proper copy of the bases.txt file for your scenario. Remember to copy in the newer witploadAE.exe from the Beta folder.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Will do. tomorrow. Thanks

jmalter

Post by jmalter »

Hi witpqs,
Yesterday I spent a bit of time & got your Intel Monkey up & running fair quickly. Don't want to crow too loudly, but I managed to do it w/ no probs w/ the following procedure:

1) d/l & install Python32 to my Win2k 'Program Files' dir.
2) d/l & install Intel Monkey to its own subdir in my WitPAE 'tools' dir.
3) create an 'archive' subdir in my SAVE dir, copied all .txt files to it.
4) added the '-archive' switch to my WitPAE shortcut's command-line.
5) created an Intel Monkey shortcut to 'IntelMonkey-A.bat' & dragged it to my Win start-menu.

Thing works a charm, w/ no troubles at all. Dunno where you'll want to take this, but I view it as an adjunct to Tracker. So I'll suggest some 'Tracker (very) Light' things, that I'd want to know immediately as I reviewed a turn, w/o having to wait for Tracker to load:
- list of Bases w/ any damage > 0
- list of Ships w/ any damage > 0 that are also 'at sea' (In a TF, not docked, disbanded or under repair)
- list of LCUs that have arrived at destination, or are tasked to move w/ no destination set.

Finally, where do your Monkeys come from? Are they the toxic kind from 12 Monkeys, or the typing kind that are writing Shakespeare?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Howdy! Pinged you in another thread - my God, are you really running Windows 2000?! [:D]

Going from memory, the procedure you outlined is what is explained on the web site. The exception is that AE will create the archive subdir on its own. But if you already have some report files to put in there then of course creating it yourself is necessary. One explanation, though. Intel Monkey only reads the report files that are in the naming format that AE creates them in. In other words, with the date appended, like this one "aoperationsreport_411207.txt". If you have one in there that is named, for instance, "combatreport.txt" then Intel Monkey won't read it.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been dusting off the coding apparatus here to get back into it now that I've finished the major project in the kitchen (don't cheer, still 9.7 acres of grass to mow after I fix the mower again [:D]). Something you might not know yet is that the Tracker guys were able to sign an agreement with Matrix, et al which allowed them to gain confidential information to hook into that pwsdll.dll file so they can read the AE turn file. For the rest of us, the turn file is not available to be read directly. Tracker does put the results of its own work (and they maintain Fog of War for the two sides, and so on) into a database, which can be read by the rest of us. I haven't done so yet, but I probably will eventually. That is where things like current status of your own units and bases can be found. So, to get those updated you will still need to run Tracker!

What Intel Monkey can do directly is read the various report files that AE produces each turn, and that is how it works. So far the SigInt file is processed, and the combat report is partly processed. The operations and combat events reports are not used yet. IIRC the operations report contains entries about TF arriving at their destination (at least if it's a base), and about units arriving in-game. There is no information in the reports about LCU arriving at a destination, or the status of any units. There are some 'wiped out' type messages about units, but when a LCU is completely destroyed in combat there is no message denoting the unit, only that (for example) "3 units destroyed". So in other words, Intel Monkey is limited to information that is contained in the reports, or perhaps later on some information provided by Tracker.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Almost forgot!

As you know from watching the movie, the "12 monkeys" were innocent. They were just misunderstood! [:D]
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

Was there any solution to the above? I cannot seem to wangle out of this and make it work.

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (50.39 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

here's the files I am using

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 112 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666

Can you post another pic like this, but with the top part showing the path where these are located?
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

I should say that a reload of Python is what solved my issue. It was a "bad" load the first time around. I deleted. started fresh. Voila!

Attachments
monkey busiiness.jpg
monkey busiiness.jpg (293.87 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

HERE YOU GO

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666

Can you post another pic like this, but with the top part showing the path where these are located?

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (97.79 KiB) Viewed 112 times
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

OK. Please let me see a pic of your folder

War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\save\archive
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

Cant remember if this went in automatically or I placed these files in here to try to get it to work

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (184.93 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Zigurat666

Post by Zigurat666 »

Fixed it!! Yay..
Solution:Get rid of multiple versions of python and just kept the most recent 3.4

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”