RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Hoooooooar

RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

Post by Hoooooooar »

Good thing, I was thinking about having to fire you go had 2.0 not come out soon.
Hunter20nov

Post by Hunter20nov »

[:D][&o]
Tophat1815

Post by Tophat1815 »

ORIGINAL: Hoooooooar

Good thing, I was thinking about having to fire you go had 2.0 not come out soon.

Define "soon"......[:D]
ravincravin

Post by ravincravin »

I hope you guys are ready to rock! ehsumrell1 has outdone himself with the Star Trek Picard Era Ver. 2 which he is about to release.

I've been playing it and it's been kicking my butt. [:D] Live long and prosper.

Attachments
gamemenu.jpg
gamemenu.jpg (106 KiB) Viewed 475 times
Kabbers

Post by Kabbers »

yay, ready to rock :-)
Knickers

Post by Knickers »

I think he hopes to release it now, if not, stay patient!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Star Trek The Picard Era Version 2.0 is now released!

Release thread for Version 2.0 is here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3794736

Attachments
Version2.jpg
Version2.jpg (33.18 KiB) Viewed 476 times
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
MikePN

Post by MikePN »

Excellent work.. yet some of the race selections made .. makes it daunting for me.

Andorians and Benzites ... are these races not member worlds of the Federation? Why include them and not say, the Vulcans, Tellarites, Betazeds, and Trill? Haven't the Son'a come back to the Ba'ku? Are not Remans a subject species of the Romulans? I just don't like the Borg, mmph! Sheliak and Tholian? Eh.

Other choices I love. I'd push the Bajorans into the Fed myself but they're borderline really (in negotiating phase of joining), so independent faction for them is equally cool. Breen? Breen! Sweet. Cardasians and Ferengi! Most similar type games leave these guys off, this rocks my socks. Dominion, the latest greatest threat to the Federation, love 'em!

The Remans, I love these guys, and contrarie to my above comment, them as independent power could resemble Romulan instability that they often face.

Though where is the Nausicaans, Letheans, Paradans, Takarans, and Vorgons. Some of my more favored looking characters. Sure, some have absolutely no ship models and vague, if any, depiction of possible race biases, but that leaves it to imagination to flesh out without terribly breaking from canon. As for the ship models, and flags, one can find a default that seems to fit the minor species but that might break canon for some.

I know this much sounds like a whine, but it isn't, overall it is great work. I commend the creators of the mod, making DW even better. Andorians and Benzites specifically near break this for me however. So I guess, ultimately, I join and write to ask one thing. If it is at all possible, can any mod the existing races, Andorian, Benzite, Borg, and Son'a to instead include the Letheans, Nausicaans, Paradans, and Takarans? Or teach me how to do so? Oh, and add some Andorian characters to the Federation because they are one of the founders of the federation. Lastly, some Xindi characters in the federation as well, though it is not canon to TNG, but I like the idea of a Reptilian perhaps leading my fleet or ground troops, or perhaps some federation ground troops backing an insectoid general. I'd really be immersed into that. I would only play from the federation perspective, so other races characters wouldn't matter too much I believe. (Ships of the majors, and ground unit appearance mainly.)

Canon Borg play their part, but I find game Borg .. well lets just say resistance is futile, but I'm not ready to be assimilated LOL.

I did look into the DWU modguide itself but I do not understand it just yet, with some example of modded material I may be able to do this all on my own, but right now, deer in the headlights. :)
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Hello MikePN, and welcome to the DW forums!

Thank you for your kind words concerning our Picard Era mod.

Please note the following:

1. The currently supported Picard Era mod version is 2.0. That forum and d/l link is here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3794736

2. To answer your aforementioned questions, please go the the Picard Era Version 2.0 Mod forum
link shown above and please read specifically posts number 132 and 242. Hopefully that will
provide answers about the "why this, not that" questions you have.

3. If you are from a country that observes it, have a FANTASTIC Thanksgiving!

[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
zhivy

Post by zhivy »

Just wanted to say excellent mod! Thanks!

Return to “Design and Modding”