[A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Nanosplic

RE: [A.62] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.9)

Post by Nanosplic »

It is certainly compatible with .10 because that is the version I am playing beyond with.

I'm not qualified to answer your other queries, but I'm sure Blackstork will soon., but if you check the 1st post at the beginning of this thread it will pretty much tell you where things are at.

Welcome to DW and welcome to the forum too!
From Beta Draconis
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Evertyhing is included and compatible with .10

Also those 2 issues are not connected with mod itself.

@Icemania, thanks buddy, i adding that.
Due me adding icemanias mod .04 version and me havng intence NY celebration i will release patch bit later. I really have alot of stuff to do in RL and i am here and finalizing stuff by little. Due this being done "for fun" i should "get that fun" so i need to do it when i am not pressed by time or other limitations.
New patch will include Icemanias 1.04 because its critically important to include it and also one more UI (one of my new fav races)
Its due in middle of this month.
Alien Immersion (WIP) : tm.asp?m=3651979
Beyond Extended Universe (WIP): tm.asp?m=3657646
alphasephirot

Post by alphasephirot »

Thank you very much for your answers

I´ll buy the game in the coming days then, i think it will be a dangerous situation for my work/studies, i don´t have enough hours!!

Edit: due to a mental fart i wrote it all in spanish, sorry about that :P
Maroon136

Post by Maroon136 »

...well freaking hell...not allowed to post links. that isn't very nice for people that make accounts to post error reports.

i'm having trouble making a new galaxy with this modpack, and am getting this error message that i can't copy/paste. it might be because i am emulating Windows 7, but i figure i'll start here with the mod....i was going to type this, but i'll be honest. i kinda don't want to if i can avoid it. is there any easier way to get the error log? or should i spam 9 more comments on random things and come back in a week.

the error message has stuff about Object references not matching instances of objects, and something about pirates not loading right, i think.
Chatterley

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP!

Post by Chatterley »

Hey there, very nice mod !
I'm currently doing a LP of this mod on youtube (in french), and I would like to know if the music packs may cause any copyright problems. Curently I'm only using them for singleplayer but since they are very nice, i would like to know if it is possible for me to add them in my LP without having any problems with youtube.
thefinn12345

Post by thefinn12345 »

Just got
"File Blocked for Violation.

The file you requested has been blocked for a violation of our Terms of Service.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

From mediafire when trying to download the first file.
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

Hello all
first of all thanks for trying and playing the mod
I've been busy lately so update takes longer, as i already mentioned before

@Maroon136
there was such problem in version A.6 , please ensure you installed update A.62 correctly

@Chatterley
@thefinn

I've given credits to artists here, in the mod OP. the problem that Youtube wont recognize it and MediaFire seems have problems with that too. You need to mention credits to artists in Youtube video when you upload it if you want it to be not blocked. The YT will block any content otherwise. For that you need to know the artists of music playing. I've given the track names in Soundtrack details part.

I will find alternate ways to deliver the mod. May be through private ftp even.
I've mentioned that all music comiled there are nto for commercial use, used in order to promote artists work and are form of DJ set.
meltedpriest

Post by meltedpriest »

I tried to download base package. Permission denied.
dejagore

Post by dejagore »

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

Hello all
first of all thanks for trying and playing the mod
I've been busy lately so update takes longer, as i already mentioned before

Hi there. How is it going as for the progress towards A.64 ? Do You plan to integrate the mod with Icemania's AI Improvement Mod 1.04 ?

Cheers and thanks for the hard work to all the modders that participate in this truly marvelous DW mod!
Simulation01

Post by Simulation01 »

Do You intend to put up a new download source link? Mediafire is kaput for me. Dropbox or Google Drive maybe?
"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

trying to arrange this issue with host.... may be FTP.. not sure that drop box will work... been sick for some time and had not time... also some rl projects kicking in, so i am slowed with a pace, but alot of things done and work continues. Also SinFinbar continue to do extended pedias. Now for the release i need to arrange new host, then finalize the bits i have to fix in order to have the release complete.
dejagore

Post by dejagore »

trying to arrange this issue with host.... may be FTP.. not sure that drop box will work... been sick for some time and had not time... also some rl projects kicking in, so i am slowed with a pace, but alot of things done and work continues. Also SinFinbar continue to do extended pedias. Now for the release i need to arrange new host, then finalize the bits i have to fix in order to have the release complete.

Thanks for update Blackstork. Really happy to hear from You. As You accustomed us to regular updates I started to worry that the mod project was put aside. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see next version deployed :-)
Blackstork

Post by Blackstork »

I know, i made very frequent releases before, but now i had very busy RL time, some art project in RL involving physical model art and some health stuff.
I am sorry that i dissapoint you, but i can assure i did not abbandoned the project, i just put it on some delay till i have stamina to advance with it.
dejagore

Post by dejagore »

Faaaaaar from dissapointment. I'm still impressed with the hard work of every modder that contributed to this fantastic 'expansion' !
ghAries

Post by ghAries »

I know, i made very frequent releases before, but now i had very busy RL time, some art project in RL involving physical model art and some health stuff.
I am sorry that i dissapoint you, but i can assure i did not abbandoned the project, i just put it on some delay till i have stamina to advance with it.

We are not disappointed. We just love this mod. Yea it sucks when development is pushed back but we are grateful you keep setting deadlines and check in here regardless.
Weaselstein

Post by Weaselstein »

I have been playing DW Universe since June. How did I not see this until now, and why do the galactic gods punish me by making this impossible to get a hold of? If anybody can help...HELP!
CyclopsSlayer

Post by CyclopsSlayer »

Right now it seems you must sacrifice 3 rubber chickens to the Virtual Gods while casting your prayers into the infostream to get the DL to work consistently. [&o][&o]
I had to try several times to get a working download, and even then the first three times I got the full file WinRAR saw it as an invalid archive.
Weaselstein

Post by Weaselstein »

Finally got a working download, but I had some trouble (the same as you described CyclopsSlayer). But I had the same issue when I downloaded the STPE Ver 2.0 mod, so I think it is an issue with mediafire. However, now that it's working I am a happy homo-sapien. Great work guys.
Unforeseen

Post by Unforeseen »

Maybe I should just discontinue to my mod and use this lol. You need a tech mod though and Lurchi is MIA. Starfall has a good set up going, but it's not done yet.
Aedaric

Post by Aedaric »

Wow, this looks amazing.

For those of you having issues with MediaFire allowing you to download the file with a "Permission Denied", simply keep trying to download it. After my sixth attempt the download was started.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K - 4.9GHz
RAM: 32GB Dual-Channel DDR3 - 799MHz
MB: ASUSTeK Z87-PRO
GPU: 3GB NVIDIA GTX 780 Ti (EVGA)
HDD: 698GB Samsung SSD 840
Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Return to “Design and Modding”