Deluxe AWD

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design and general game modding. The graphics and scenarios are easily modifiable. Discuss your experiements in this area and get tips and advice!

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Lebatron

RE: Deluxe AWD

Post by Lebatron »

I double checked the link and it still works for me. Perhaps you have some kind of blocker that is preventing the download popup message.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

That's exactly what it was. MOD is fantastic.

Any news on the new version?

I would suggest the following.

1. Reinstate the Low Countries factory.
2. Separate Vichy from Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Syria. Allow the Allies to attack them without an auto DOW by Vichy.
3. Penalize the Axis DOWs in 1939. Make Norway go Allied if Denmark attacked. Boost US entry for 1939 aggression.
4. Boost size of Turkish army.
5. Make Sudan accessible from Egypt. It gives meaning to the war in East Africa.
6. Increase Finnish entry chance when Leningrad attacked by Axis.
7. Give Greece a factory.
dhucul2011

Post by dhucul2011 »

8. Give South Africa a factory and a militia.
9. Give Germany a battleship in South Atlantic to start war.
10. Remove the Japanese militia from Madagascar.
11. Add a militia to New Zealand.

Just some thoughts.
pzgndr

Post by pzgndr »

Just checked out the change list for v1.045 beta. Looks nice. One thing I recall from playing a while back was that the AI would not build paratroops. Sometimes I liked to just play and leave production to the computer, but Allies never got airborne; Germany at least has some in the queue. So just wondering if there is something you can do to fix the production priorities or add something. Thanks!
Bill Macon
Empires in Arms Developer
Strategic Command Developer
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

I did. To Arsenal of Democracy I gave the Allies several para to start since they won't build them like you said. It helps the AI. I seen the US use them in the Pacific a bit.

I guess I forgot to list the changes I made to the uber scenarios.
HerzKaraya

Post by HerzKaraya »

I can´t get the download to start. I have tried several times and I only get a "Still not downloading? - Repair your download" message.
Vista, suerte y al toro!
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Just checked for you. It downloaded fine using Firefox. For IE you may have to look to see if the popup blocker is interfering. That has been the problem before.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Oh and don't be fooled by the other page that pops up that wants you to download something else. If it does not say it's my game then it is one of those tricks to get you to download something you never intended to. The Internet is completely dishonest like this. I just got a page popup along with my game download to download something called iLivid. Ignore it.
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Jesse you should open an account with dropbox and place it there, it would download much faster and besides you benefit from dropbox utility.
If you don't have it and want to install it let me know and I'll send you an invitation, that way I can increase my storage capacity in dp.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

I started using dropbox about a month ago lol. I've been thinking of moving it there.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Thanks for the continued work on this mod. I have since re-installed the game and am looking forward to playing the latest version of Deluxe AWD.
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

1.046 beta2 has been uploaded. Many great changes this time around. Two of the most interesting changes that impact the game the most is the addition of more rail capacity though much of Europe, and the addition of more straits in the Med. This will make flying to the Islands shorter, which I believe will create some interesting battles. Starting armor now exists in North Africa to enhance historical realism without messing with the balance. Say hello to the Desert Rats:)

Attachments
ScreenHunter_06.jpg
ScreenHunter_06.jpg (74.29 KiB) Viewed 747 times
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

Thanks..downloading now.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Thanks..just downloaded
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Beta3 has just been uploaded. Got the map work finished and made a few more tweaks to the solo scenarios Axis Blitz and Arsenal of Democracy. This will be the last beta. After this one last test I will be finalizing this as Deluxe version 1.05. For 1.05 I will rewrite the Deluxe manual to reflect any new changes I made.

Trying out the beta is very easy. Just make a copy of the original game and rename to Deluxe 1.047. In this new copy paste the dat and manual folders from this download into the area where the originals reside. Say yes to all overwrites and it will work without a hitch. Note you need to be using the latest patch 1.040 to use this.
quiritus

Post by quiritus »

very good work thanks

same suggestion:
1.chinese: building a strategic bomber give the oppurtunity of sunk japanese ship: i think the anti ship value is too high

2. spain: the spain events work? i conquer cairo and UK and i never see in red...
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Hmm, downloaded the new patch and looking at it.
Not talking of the AI, but against a human opponent overall.

Meanwhile I do appreciate the Italy changes I feel them a bit ... iffy. The "tank" having -2 makes it extremely weak overall and pratically useless for its cost. I'd set Italian Tank to a -1 only, and so their Anti-Air. Overall it is already "poor" to build anything with a malus as it works worse; and ultimately turns harder the research.
I got the vibe overall Axis is quite weak - and I would add to Finland and Bulgaria 1 Factory each. (Helps at the beginning with supplies) Germany production is simply dwarfed by the UK + Russia alone already.
Turn Axis Militia and Japan Militia to 5 Attack Power. Why? Helps at the very beginning to avoid odd attacks and such, but on the long run Militias will be hindered due to lack of upgrades and having only "one" hit.

Japan. Not sure if the dreaded -1 to the Cruiser Fleet is still there. I remember it somewhere in Uncommon Valor or so, and I edited it out as it made Japan useless. (USA was producing subs and in 1 year the Jap shipping and production was crippled.).

France. Far too many tanks. Far too many. Germany taking France is a bloodshed which cripples the game at the moment; and if Germany can't get to Barbarossa decently (and pratically cannot already in most of the games.) they're dead very soon.

A non faction related needed change - for how I fear it is hardcoded.
Veteran and Elite and Sig-Int are rather abysmal modifiers.
A 1/2/4 modifier is rather "meh" in the end of the day when in '42 or so you end up rolling more dices overall. The more dices your units roll, the less significant a static bonus is. The impact a +2 has on 5-6 dices is not the same when you roll 7-8. There should be a formula where Veteran unit has a 1/2 modifier per dice; and Elite units have a 1 modifier per dice. (So a Veteran 6 attack Infantry has a +3 in attack, not a +2; and an Elite one a +6).
Presently I feel those minor modifiers very ... unsignificant, especially as how rare the unit promotions are, and how easy is to lose them in battle.
Athelas2211

Post by Athelas2211 »

is this the official patch of the game?
playing RTS, strategy and RPG games from ...ever?
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

Hi Jesse, I just bought this game yesterday primarily based on your beautiful looking mod. Unfortunately, I am also running into problems downloading it. Can you or any of the other guys help. I'm using Google chrome and I have allowed ALL pop-ups for just now.
My antivirus seems happy with it. I've signed up to media fire also.
Still unable to d/l it.[&:]
Dennistoun

Post by Dennistoun »

OK. I went into IE and d\l'd it there and that worked (after 3 attempts).

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”