Are there life in maps or are they static?

3D version of Close Combat
Nomada_Firefox

Are there life in maps or are they static?

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

While we wait new images or videos from the game. I would like ask if the maps have life at time real or there are not these type of effects. I speak from these by example.

-Rivers with water at movement.

-A beach with waves.

-The wind moving the trees.

-Animals? perhaps birds.

-What happen when a tank cross a field? can we see the marks of the chains in the field? is there mud?

-Are there maps raining? is there a different weather for the maps?

These are my questions about this by the moment.
Rodmorg

RE: Are there life in maps or are they static?

Post by Rodmorg »

I think birds won't be in it, but I'm hoping that all of these are in the game. I'm also hoping that there could be tracers. Could there be night battles as well?
TIK

Post by TIK »

The priority for the Bloody First is to a) make an engine that works, b) make an AI that works, and c) create the game play highly enjoyable.

If they have extra time to add these elements into the Bloody First, fair enough. If not, it's no big deal for me at least.
I have a Youtube Channel that features Close Combat and Panzer Corps Let's Plays and videos, as well as historical documentaries.
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

The purpose of these questions is not claim these additions in the game. Just I and others, we want know more about the game. Nothing more.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Terrain can be damaged by explosions and vehicles, but animation of things like wind-blown trees and waves is not a top priority for the Bloody First. Vehicles may kick up dust but they won't leave permanent marks on the terrain. Frankly the camera distance is too far out (similar to existing CC) to really see most of these details.

Steve
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

Thanks by the answer. I see how you changed your initial plans and now you will not use a camera with a additional closer zoom to the terrain. Have you avoid it because have you seen hardware problems? most of the 3D games avoid cameras with 360º view, all angles and very close to the terrain because they have hardware problems, only the best graphic cards can run it.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

3D was supposed to make the environment more alive/realistic with dynamic shadows, animated terrain, tread marks, etc.

Hopefully the omission in this 1st new 3D engine release is due to the above being just a lower priority and not issue with the 3D engine....

Any update on the ability to add vehicles as that seemed to be in question with the new 3D engine in a previous post/thread?
Nomada_Firefox

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

I´m sure how it has dinamic shadows. About the tread marks, if I have not understood badly, they are not permanent and usually at 3D games, they are not permanent and they are named usually surface effects.

About the animated terrain......when I tell about waves and rivers, it was only a question because most of the 3D RTS have not this type of detail. Even most of the times, it can be made with a special texture.
Any update on the ability to add vehicles as that seemed to be in question with the new 3D engine in a previous post/thread?
If I have not understood badly, again.;) Steve sayed how if this feature was added, it would be after the release and we do not know if it would be at a Bloody First 2 or a Bloody First 1 DLC. By his words, I see how they are thinking a similar way to Battle Academy where we can see several scenarios from other operations and where the ability for add new 3D models was not added at first place.

However I feel how we can make a lot of mods only with the first options from the game. There will be a lot of vehicles and we can edit the data, textures and sounds. Even I have thinking at a Ardennes 1944 mod.

But first we need BF. After it, all can happen.[:)]
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Dynamic lighting and shadows will be in The Bloody First.

Steve

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”