Trouble transferring air units

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jwolf

Trouble transferring air units

Post by jwolf »

I am a new player struggling in the first days of a campaign as the Allies. Among other things, I am trying to transfer some air units out of imminent danger to safer bases in the rear. But I am being blocked by some rule I don't know or don't understand. Specifically, I have some air units in the southern Phillipines and they are allowed to be moved only within the PI and not to British or Dutch bases that are well within their range. What is wrong?
HansBolter

RE: Trouble transferring air units

Post by HansBolter »

They are under the command of a restricted headquarters.

You must spend political points to change them to an unrestricted headquarters.
Hans

jwolf

Post by jwolf »

If the same is true for all US air units in the PI then are most of them effectively doomed?
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

A lot of air units in the PI are doomed unless you save up the PPs to buy them out. The Filipino units are permanently locked and will be lost, but they are pretty weak anyway. If air units are destroyed, many can be bought back later.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

ORIGINAL: jwolf

If the same is true for all US air units in the PI then are most of them effectively doomed?

The float and sea planes are under unrestricted headquarters and can simply be staged out.

Many players typically buy out the P40s and B17s. The fighters have June 42 withdrawal dates, but the Americans are so strapped for fighters early, especially in Australia, that is worth it to buy them out.

The B17s withdraw in October and November, but again it is still worth the cost of buying them out.
Hans

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”