Alfred Hitchcock’s Documentary - No Politics

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

Alfred Hitchcock’s Documentary - No Politics

Post by wings7 »

This is a rather interesting piece of history! [X(]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/al ... 7J#image=1

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Zorch

RE: Alfred Hitchcock’s Documentary - No Politics

Post by Zorch »

Yes, indeed! I wonder whether this experience influenced Alfred's later work.
rhondabrwn

Post by rhondabrwn »

I think it is time for the world to see this... "lest we forget"...

because I feel that we are [:(]
Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

It's up to all free people to inform...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: wings7

This is a rather interesting piece of history! [X(]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/al ... 7J#image=1

Patrick
Thank you.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

You said it.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

This is actually coming on HBO 2 today at 2 pm.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Well the documentary was about the film that was never released.

A couple cameramen about all the sights of the thousands and thousands of dead among the barely living, soon to be dead, and the surviving.

Sgt. William Lawrie-
'These half dead people walking about, glazed eyes. Absolutely (long pause) dead. It was hopelessness, despair. The appalling smell. The whole atmosphere of depression. Like the End had come. You lost contact with reality. They were not dummies. They were not dolls. I don't know if we ourselves withdrew into another space, time, existence but, you could never associate what you were seeing with your own life, um this was something completely separate, it was another world. I don't think if you had to become too involved you'd of probably gone mad.
We were there for about 2 weeks filming all these sites which no films which I have seen since could really convey this feeling of despair and horror that can be done to people who were Europeans of another faith, for no other reason. and I, um, thought as time went by it might leave me, I wanted to forget,but it, um, it never does leave you.'

Richard Dimbley-
'I find it hard to describe adequately the horrible things I've seen and heard. but here unadorned are the facts. I passed through the barrier and found myself in the world of a nightmare. Dead bodies , some of them in decay, laid strewn about the road and along the rotted tracks. On each side of the road were brown wooden huts. There were faces at the windows. The boney emaciated faces of starving women too weak to come outside, propping themselves against the glass to see the daylight before they died. And they were dying. Every hour and every minute.'
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

Return to “General Discussion”