Patch 1.07 release projection/CMANO roadmap

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

wheecarm

Patch 1.07 release projection/CMANO roadmap

Post by wheecarm »

First, I want to thank the developers for creating a fantastic product. CMANO has captured my full attention and subsequently nearly all of my free time. It's the sim/game I've always wanted.

I started playing just after the 1.06 patch was released. After going through all the patch notes and information regarding previous versions of the game, I've come to appreciate the additions and fixes that were implemented in 1.06. That said, I'm eager for the next patch and I'd be lying if I said I didn't check the forums multiple times daily for information regarding its release.

My anticipation has escalated to the point that I am creating my first post to ask, "When's the projected release for 1.07?" I've searched for this information but haven't been able to find it, so I apologize if I've merely overlooked it.

Additionally, if at all possible, could you give us an idea of what to expect. Perhaps you could share a conceptual "roadmap" for the future of CMANO, such as what sort of content/features you intend to implement into CMANO in the years to come.
mikmykWS

RE: Patch 1.07 release projection/CMANO roadmap

Post by mikmykWS »

We're hoping to move to a public beta soon (like within a month). Official release will be sometime after when we're confident we've got it right.

As far as long term planing. We have a plan and we make parts of it public when it makes sense too. Our rationale is we don't want to promise stuff and not deliver. There is also no intent to make the overall plan a public debate although what players want plays an important role in it.

So cutting right to chase. What are you wondering about specifically?

Thanks!

Mike
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

Yeah... I can only imagine the $hitstorm releasing such a plan would generate "Wait..why is MY idea all the way down there?!" [:D]
batek688

Post by batek688 »

Sounds like my wife, "why do your ideas always involve me being all the way down there?"
navwarcol

Post by navwarcol »

[:D] That could be read in too many ways.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Any chance on an early beta just for those of us who have been having all the crash issues? I imagine it might actually generate useful data on which crashes have been resolved or not.

OK, I just want to start playing the game, which the crashes at the moment are preventing... :)
magi

Post by magi »

Darn map66.. I haven't had any crashes and I play almost every day..... Sorry that's happening to you...
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: map66

Any chance on an early beta just for those of us who have been having all the crash issues? I imagine it might actually generate useful data on which crashes have been resolved or not.

OK, I just want to start playing the game, which the crashes at the moment are preventing... :)

Sorry this seems to be an issue? One of the more prominent crashes had to do with game sounds. You could prevent these by turning game sounds off. If you haven't already give it a shot.

We'll try our best to get to a public beta soon,

Mike
Wasicun

Post by Wasicun »

I am sure... the 1,07 will be the patch with the multiplayer!!!! :P

Keep up the great work!

marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

ORIGINAL: map66

Sorry this seems to be an issue? One of the more prominent crashes had to do with game sounds. You could prevent these by turning game sounds off. If you haven't already give it a shot.

We'll try our best to get to a public beta soon,

Mike

I had tried it without sound--- it reduces but doesn't eliminate the crashes. From the tech support forum though, it sounds like a lot of the other crashes has been tracked down, so hopefully the beta will eliminate the issue.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: Wasicun

I am sure... the 1,07 will be the patch with the multiplayer!!!! :P

Keep up the great work!

No not yet.

M
wheecarm

Post by wheecarm »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

We're hoping to move to a public beta soon (like within a month). Official release will be sometime after when we're confident we've got it right.

As far as long term planing. We have a plan and we make parts of it public when it makes sense too. Our rationale is we don't want to promise stuff and not deliver. There is also no intent to make the overall plan a public debate although what players want plays an important role in it.

So cutting right to chase. What are you wondering about specifically?

Thanks!

Mike

Sounds good! And that's a very understandable and reasonable rationale. I respect that. As for what I'm wondering... Nothing specifically. Just very curious about how you guys hope to build upon CMANO as a platform in years to come. I can't wait to see how the game develops. Keep up the good work!

Also, I'm excited to see this community grow, especially the mission editors/builders now that LUA scripting has been implemented as a utility. It's actually got me itching to give it a go and learn LUA in the process!
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ideas for growing Command come from things we always wanted and lots of input from the player side. We tend to focus on players who we see are doing stuff with the game. They usually end up on our beta team so that they can work with us and other like minded players. We also maintain wishlists and generally pay attention to what's being said from pro customer to forumites. The capability to grow Command comes from the software's design and our programing talent. We designed Command to grow and we have 3 very knowledgeable programmers who like what they are doing and are willing to explore. Our team in general is also very flexible in that we can take on each other's roles as necessary to get things done.

If you want hints just read the forum or just ask. We'll at least tell you what we think.[:)]

Mike
jadei

Post by jadei »

I would love to hear status on the mission planner in the works that's inspired by the classic Tornado Sim. [:)]
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

ORIGINAL: jadei

I would love to hear status on the mission planner in the works that's inspired by the classic Tornado Sim. [:)]

You can see some of the work that is going on with the mission planner. 1.04 you saw the AI mission planner and lua. In 1.07 you'll notice WRA and lots of new mission options appearing. This is all the ground work that needs to happen to get there.

Mike
hellfish6

Post by hellfish6 »

Is Ragnar still around? I haven't seen him in a while.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Yes. Playing hack in slash in the code now as a matter of fact[:)]
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

In 1.07 you'll notice WRA and lots of new mission options appearing.

Mike: WRA - what's that? In any event, can't wait to see 1.07!
Midcon113

Post by Midcon113 »

Thanks!

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”