New version uploaded

Frank Hunter's Campaigns on the Danube is an operational study of the campaigns along the Danube in 1805 and 1809. Campaigns on the Danube's system focuses on trying to present the player with the same sort of decisions placed on their historical counterparts; how to feed an army and move that army according to a plan, all the while trying to fight a campaign. There is also an option to allow players to play out the battles with miniatures and input the results.
FrankHunter

New version uploaded

Post by FrankHunter »

Hello, I posted this in "Support" but thought I should post it here too.

I uploaded a new version of Danube last Sunday but I'm not sure when it will be made available.

Here's a list of changes

1. Overview map should now allow player to jump to a location on main map
2. Fixed other orders screwing up when a partial order was sent.
3. Fixed crash in battle
4. Fixed problem with a couple of bridges over the Danube not allowing units to cross
5. Fixed problem of loading saved games within the game (this may have inadvertently fixed the PBEM problem)
6. Fixed the display of incorrect unit types
7. When using the Find feature to locate a corps commander that counter is now placed on top of the stack

- Because some of the fixes are data, not code, saved games made with prior versions won’t load.

I see there were three bugs mentioned that I didn't know about or find. I will check for them this weekend and replace the version I uploaded last week with a new one.

Thank you for all the help!

Kai

RE: New version uploaded

Post by Kai »

Thanks!!!

Hasn't shown up on the download site yet, but can't wait to get it when it does.
Iwbtone

Post by Iwbtone »

Finally get this game on winter sale becuase now it supports win 7, and thanks for the update again, hope we can download it before this weekend[:D]
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

In the last couple of days I was able to fix the PBEM problem and the Intelligence reports problem. Just got one more thing to do and then I'll upload a newer version of the new version.
governato

Post by governato »

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

In the last couple of days I was able to fix the PBEM problem and the Intelligence reports problem. Just got one more thing to do and then I'll upload a newer version of the new version.

that's great!
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Hi again, just wanted to clarify I'm still working on that "one more thing". The problem is in full fog games where I caught the playback not properly displaying the movement of certain divisions I was following. The problem stems from the status reports issued by corps commanders every few hours. Sometimes these can get out of sequence.
RCHarmon

Post by RCHarmon »

Frank,

I come back to this game from time to time. It's a great game. I am trying to get a game going with a friend, so I hope the PBM fix that is coming will let us get a game going.

Also, we want to use another game to fight the battles, but the miniatures feature doesn't cover all the battles. Or in my test games it doesn't. Do you have an editor built that might allow us to at lest edit the game after we fight the battles with another engine?

Oudinot with the Guard are not in the OOb for the Crisis on the Danube Scenario. Those troops did a lot of fighting historically. I would like to have them in there.

Is there anyway to get Campaigns of La Grande Armee 1806 going on a windows 7?
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Okay, finished the playback problem in fog of war games finally.

RCH, what would you need in an editor exactly?

The Guard should be in Vienna attached directly to Napoleon.

By the way guys, if I'm not here when you ask me something just email me at fhunter@telus.net

RCHarmon

Post by RCHarmon »

I am still playing around with the miniatures function. It might do what we need. I want to try it with the new patch and see where I stand then.
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

RCH - i talked about getting La Grande Armee 1806 going in windows 7 in this thread tm.asp?m=3776081 - i have it running in win 7, if you need any help pm me.

Has the new version of the patch been uploaded yet? i have been waiting very much for this before i can play the game again
RCHarmon

Post by RCHarmon »

General Mack is unable to cross the Danube. It must the same bridge issue that was discovered in the scenario Crisis on the Danube.

Thanks Agathosdaimon.
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

The crossing of the Danube at some locations problem was fixed.
ulisin

Post by ulisin »

I'm eager to have the patch!
Your game is very interesting.
ulisin

Post by ulisin »

I'm reading petre... and other book. I need to play it...
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: ulisin

I'm reading petre... and other book. I need to play it...

thats awesome - yes there are some stirling books on the periods, the whole period is utterly thrilling every part of it, from the campaigns, the characters, the intrigues, the gambles, etc - i have the Petre books too, but also the one i am enjoying at the moment is Crisis on the Danube by James Arnold. Also i love those big colourful books by J G Hourtoulle -

I love listening to also works such as Tchaikovsky's 4th and 5h symphonies - really just suits the period well for me!

its worth getting all of Petres books as they are great and seemingly quite cheap whenever i come across them
FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

Actually it was while reading Petre that I was inspired to do the first game, 1806. I like the way he describes a campaign and how he updates you on where forces are on a particular date and such.

FrankHunter

Post by FrankHunter »

There was a problem with the Guards in Vienna during the Crisis on the Danube scenario that prevented them from appearing. Fixed now.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Hi again, just wanted to clarify I'm still working on that "one more thing". The problem is in full fog games where I caught the playback not properly displaying the movement of certain divisions I was following. The problem stems from the status reports issued by corps commanders every few hours. Sometimes these can get out of sequence.

I noted a couple of items in the 'Patch 3.01 Bugs' thread, but some of this may be covered by the new issue, so waiting to see how it goes. [:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
ulisin

Post by ulisin »

Actually it was while reading Petre that I was inspired to do the first game, 1806. I like the way he describes a campaign and how he updates you on where forces are on a particular date and such.

Yes, I've read about this in a interview!

A combination good books + good game is what I search for in wargaming

Another good example for me is Gordon “The Rules of the game” + Steam and Iron SAI-CE (NWS).

And I’ve noticed in the manual that Frank writes
“I wanted to design something that produced a feel for a Napoleonic campaign…
Often, wargames seem a little too chess-like and don´t convey the feel for a campaign that reading a narrative would inspire “.
That’s why, I think, I’ve found so interesting COTD

And that’s why I would have the new patch!
And I would try it in pbem

Music matches are more difficult, for me: Prokofief, Mahler, ligety, cage, Death in june… may be world war II match better than napoleonic period
-)

More than music for me the match is with weather. Often windy and rainy days want naval warfare, spring and autumn Napoleonic, summer and sun and sand want desert war, etc
-)

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

HI Frank , there is some stuff in the support section from rasputitsa about units appear on teh incorrect sides - i had noticed this in some games too, have you been able to correct these also?

Return to “Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809”