Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14

Post accounts of your memorable victories and defeats here for other wargamers to share.

Moderators: ralphtricky, JAMiAM

larryfulkerson

RE: Playtest of Pacific at War 3 25 14

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the results of that one attack that I set up. Not good. I lost about 1 out of 6. The Japs lost a couple.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (364.86 KiB) Viewed 164 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

This is the face of Java now. The Japs have captured Batavia and it looks like there's not much to stop them from expanding from
there. And the Jap airpower will probably stop me from reinforcing them to any significant extent with land units. I had 3 P-40
squadrons there yesterday and now there's only 2 so the air war is fierce. And I need to replace all the spotter planes again.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (207.42 KiB) Viewed 164 times
If you need to put warheads on foreheads who you gonna call? An FO...just one will do.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I've been eyeballing Tarawa as a possible objective to take back from the Japs and I was curious as to how much Jap
resistance I could expect by a possible approach by invading forces from Samoa where the carriers are and what do
you know, the Jap defense sank three of my four DD's. D'oh. So I need to get some TF's together to bombard the
airbase there at Tarawa to take out the airfield as a first priority. So I guess I need to sail the carriers to within fighter
range to provide some top cover for the bombarding ships and then try to sail the bombarding ships in there to shot. An
orchestrated approach you see.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (224.61 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I noticed that there were no Jap fighters in the aircraft mix so I thought maybe an airstrike or two may be in order in addition to a
naval bombardment and so I flew the Lexington Bomb Group to Phoenix island and then transfered the Enterprise Figher Group
to the Lexington and then sailed the Lexington within aircraft range of Tarawa and sure enough the Japs attacked and were
slaughtered. Now the bombarding ships can approach Tarawa.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (218.71 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

So I was sailing the bombarding TF in toward Tarawa and the spotter Emily's had a go at me. And got shot down enmass.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (196.62 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

So I thought I'd drive the Yorktown within fighter range of Tarawa and the ships had barely left Phoenix island when some
Betty's and Nell's attacked and I lost a carrier with all the fighters aboard. D'oh. I don't know why this didn't occur when
the first CV group left Phoenix but it happened this time. Now I need to find another fighter group.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (231.03 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

I was looking around for the group that got the Yorktown and found it at Guadacanal. It flew all the way over to Phoenix island to
sink the Yorktown. It's a dangerous weapons system and I need to neutralize it somehow.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (208.57 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the result of an Allied air strike on Lae. The Allies definately lost this round.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (258.99 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Here's the results of the bombardment of Tarawa:

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (214.89 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Chattez

Post by Chattez »

This is still only Feb. of 42. If you wait, the allies will have so many carriers and so many defending planes that no Japanese attack can get through to them.
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Chattez
This is still only Feb. of 42. If you wait, the allies will have so many carriers and so many defending planes that no Japanese attack can get through to them.
Yeah Chattez dude, it turns out that I SHOULD have waited. I shot down a squadron of Nell's and Betty's but I lost the Yorktown
and 50 Wildcats.

Here's the condition of Java right now. I've flown in all kinds of spotter planes and some fighters and light bombers. There's still no
land combat units to speak of between them and the capitol and so there's not much to stop the Japs from making hay while the
sun shines.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (239.45 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

New turn new moves. This is the front lines as of T13. The Japs are on the march in Java and Burma and the troops that were
in Malaya are being moved toward Burma.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (437.85 KiB) Viewed 164 times
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Is the scenario available for download?
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

ORIGINAL: Cfant2
Is the scenario available for download?
Here you go Cfant2 dude. Just truncate the dot txt off the end of the filename to make it a zip file and
unzip it. Equipment file is included in the zip file. Enjoy.
Attachments
Pacificat..514.zip.txt
(234.59 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Cfant

Post by Cfant »

Thanks, general ;)
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

New moves, new turn. Now that Java is almost conquered I guess Thomas will be looking for another target and I'm wondering
if he's eyeballing Australia. I've imported some troops and planes and I've got the carriers nearby and I think maybe we're
about as ready as we can make it. These are the search arcs from everybody. The bigger arcs are from the PBY's and B-17's
and the slightly smaller ones are from the spotter planes and fighters etc.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (317.26 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Okie dokie.......I've moved everybody who's moving and I hit the "do the combats" button and here's the result of an airfield
strike on Lae. I'm not sure the Allies won this match.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (274.75 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Okay, it's T15 and Burma is still a problem. Tom has been pushing and shoving and I think maybe he's aiming for India
according to his comments in an email. India has the replacement center and the respawn point and if he can grab that
the Allies will be in trouble. So maybe he's aiming for India. We'll see.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (426.02 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

The Allies are down to just one more city in Java. The main defenders are that 1/3 of a division that sailed from Australia about
three turns ago. I'm expecting it to hold out for about two turns.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (224 KiB) Viewed 164 times
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Every unit I try to move in Burma is met with several rounds of interception. Here's how the air war is going right now. I
move a unit, it gets intercepted and my fighters get after the intercepters. I have no idea how many Jap fighters are being
shot down but I suspect a few.

Attachments
temp.gif
temp.gif (387.69 KiB) Viewed 164 times

Return to “After Action Reports”