WitPTracker AE Release 1.11 Available!

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Pharnakes

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

Post by Pharnakes »

Been using WitP tracker without issues for 50 turns in the main campaign now, but on trying to read turn 50 java would crash. I looked on the google page and tried the fix to add extra memory, going up to the quoted max of 512,768. This worked to let me read turn 50, but now when I try to load turn 51 the problem is back. So I thought, ok, that's maybe just how many turns the tracker can handle, deleted all the DB files and started again using turn 50 as the first turn, then loading in 51. This worked fine but now it's crashing again on reading turn 52, so something is obviously not right.

After that I tried a completely new install of witp tracker, again using turn 51 as the first turn, but it just cashes as soon as the windows command line ops up.

There is no error message, just the windows screen telling you java has stopped working.
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Pharnakes

Been using WitP tracker without issues for 50 turns in the main campaign now, but on trying to read turn 50 java would crash. I looked on the google page and tried the fix to add extra memory, going up to the quoted max of 512,768. This worked to let me read turn 50, but now when I try to load turn 51 the problem is back. So I thought, ok, that's maybe just how many turns the tracker can handle, deleted all the DB files and started again using turn 50 as the first turn, then loading in 51. This worked fine but now it's crashing again on reading turn 52, so something is obviously not right.

After that I tried a completely new install of witp tracker, again using turn 51 as the first turn, but it just cashes as soon as the windows command line ops up.

There is no error message, just the windows screen telling you java has stopped working.

Did you change the Java version at recently?
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
Pharnakes

Post by Pharnakes »

Not that I am aware of, and I run JRE6 out of its own separate folder anyway. In the end I did a complete purge of everything java related and started again from scratch. That worked mostly, it now loads the turns as it should. However, it won't load the intel anymore.

Initially I thought this might have been because it was getting confused, in the reinstall I lost a turn or two, and started playing again from turn 50 (25th January), so there were also reports from the 226th in the folder too. However I have now played up to turn 52, which is further than I had got before, and it still won't load an the intel reports. On looking in the WitP save folder, I see that the game hasn't generated any report text files for turn 52 though, so I suppose I can hardly blame that on the tracker. Anyone know what could make WitP stop generating the report files?

All the reports work fine ingame, and I see that WitP created new reports for turn 51 when I replayed it again today, but it hasn't made any for turn 52.

I can get tracker to read the intel files by selecting them manually with the read text file option, but they won't load automatically.
HisMajestyBOB

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.9.2 Available!

Post by HisMajestyBOB »

I've installed the Tracker, edited the properties file, and it opens correctly. However, it keeps loading the data from my first game (Guadalcanal scenario, wpae003), not my current game (Scen 1, wpae004). I've pointed it to the correct save file, and even tried removing the wpae003 savefile from the folder, but no luck. Do I need to force it to reload or something?
Pilsator

Post by Pilsator »

as I understood the tracker, it uses the database which it creates and stores inside it`s own folder.
I have different installments of tracker for every game I am using tracker with and each has it`s own database.

So try it with a seperate installion of tracker for each game you are using it.

Maybe there is a solution to install tracker only once and use it for multiple games, would be interested in it, if there is one.
HisMajestyBOB

Post by HisMajestyBOB »

Thanks, that did the trick!

Another question: how exactly can I find out how much fuel various bases produce each day?
Is the "Fuel +/-" column under Industry -> Supply & Fuel?
The top half lists Fuel Produced per region, but I'm not sure which column I need to look at for each base.
IdahoNYer

Post by IdahoNYer »

Floyd -

Tracker was running great last night after I did my turn, now this morning its not working and I get this:

Attachments
Tracker.jpg
Tracker.jpg (39.77 KiB) Viewed 189 times
Rekm41

Post by Rekm41 »

I have a later version of Java on my 32bit system. I am confused on how to set it up without rolling back to Java 6. I have read the various instructions but cannot figure it out. If someone could please provide me some instructions on how to set up the properties file etc that would be great thanks.
Keep Moving and Keep your Head DOWN!!
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: IdahoNYer

Floyd -

Tracker was running great last night after I did my turn, now this morning its not working and I get this:

Oh, that ain't good. Looks like the database is corrupted (trackerdb.backup file).
floydg

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: Pilsator

as I understood the tracker, it uses the database which it creates and stores inside it`s own folder.
I have different installments of tracker for every game I am using tracker with and each has it`s own database.

So try it with a seperate installion of tracker for each game you are using it.

Maybe there is a solution to install tracker only once and use it for multiple games, would be interested in it, if there is one.

There is, but it's a bit tricky, involving setting Java path variables. Easier to make copies...
Omnius

Is this beta patch solid?

Post by Omnius »

I just bought the game last month and have played the Port Moresby scenario both ways against the AI. I even let the AI's play the entire campaign game to see how the AI's stacked up but was disappointed. I'm getting ready to play both sides in the campaign game and am wondering if it's safe to start with this public beta or just wait and start with the official update and wait until the public beta becomes official.

Omnius
witpqs

RE: Is this beta patch solid?

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Omnius

I just bought the game last month and have played the Port Moresby scenario both ways against the AI. I even let the AI's play the entire campaign game to see how the AI's stacked up but was disappointed. I'm getting ready to play both sides in the campaign game and am wondering if it's safe to start with this public beta or just wait and start with the official update and wait until the public beta becomes official.

Omnius
The 'Beta' is as official as it gets. It is quite possible that there will not be another 'official'release. You have the release notes to refer to for what has changed in each version. You can look there to see where there have been bug fixes and where there have been improvements (sometimes both). The Beta has many fixes of bugs found in the last official. Notice that the most recent Beta was issued in August of 2014, plenty of time for reports of new bugs introduced by the Beta.

The Beta is more solid than the last 'official' release.
witpqs

RE: Is this beta patch solid?

Post by witpqs »

BTW, this thread is for Tracker, which is an independent add-on for AE, not for AE itself!
wbm4x

CTD

Post by wbm4x »

Been running Tracker without a hitch until today. Every time I try to load a turn, I get a CTD. Any thoughts on what might be the cause? Thanks.
floydg

RE: CTD

Post by floydg »

ORIGINAL: wbm4x

Been running Tracker without a hitch until today. Every time I try to load a turn, I get a CTD. Any thoughts on what might be the cause? Thanks.

Any error messages shown?
wbm4x

Post by wbm4x »

ORIGINAL: floydg

Just that Java has stopped working.

Attachments
crash.jpg
crash.jpg (31.68 KiB) Viewed 189 times
wbm4x

Post by wbm4x »

ORIGINAL: floydg

Just that Java has stopped working.

Found the problem. The latest Java build somehow got installed, which apparently decided not to play nice with my trusty JRE6.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Be advised that the latest Java patch will uninstall Java 6 if you let it (it is selected to do so by default). You should be OK without Java 6 officially 'installed', as long as you have it in a folder somewhere and edit your Tracker .bat file to point to it. Best thing is to make a complete copy of the Java 6 folder just so you have it in case it gets uninstalled later.
wbm4x

Post by wbm4x »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

Be advised that the latest Java patch will uninstall Java 6 if you let it (it is selected to do so by default). You should be OK without Java 6 officially 'installed', as long as you have it in a folder somewhere and edit your Tracker .bat file to point to it. Best thing is to make a complete copy of the Java 6 folder just so you have it in case it gets uninstalled later.

That's the way I've had it for the past year. Java 7 is the "installed" version with Java 6 in a separate folder. Both seemed to get along with each other. The latest version of Java 8 didn't uninstall Java 6, but obviously wasn't letting it work properly. Tracker could launch, but no new turns could be added.
Omnius

Tracker Question

Post by Omnius »

witpqs,
Sorry I mistook this thread for the one for the latest public beta. Oops. Thanks for the info on the latest public beta being more solid than the last official update. I'm trying to figure out what Tracker is and if it's worth trying out. It looks like some kind of database or spreadsheet interface/maker. Do you need any other programs to operate with Tracker or will it run independently?

One weakness of the Ops Reports is that it doesn't show us construction completion of items like fortification levels. If many are constructed on one turn it can be quite a challenge to remember them all. Does Tracker track these kind of turn based reports that don't end up in the Ops Reports? That would probably be the only use I'd want for Tracker.

Omnius

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”