Some quick questions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Jim D Burns

RE: Some quick questions

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: Numdydar
No I had over 35 Million resources at the end of '44. And still had excess resources coming in just from around Japan. [:)]

35 mil divided by the usage number in the chart I linked of 212,700 is enough to run your industries for 164.55 days, or about 5.48 months. Definitely a nice stockpile, but not so much you'd make it into 1946 without having to shut off over half your home islands industries should the allies manage to shut off imports.

Additionally I’m not sure if air strikes can cause significant damage to resource/oil stockpiles or not, but if so then I’d say you are nowhere near a comfortable level of reserve resources just yet. You’ve got a healthy start for sure, but every ship you bring in from now on counts if you want to keep the home islands running at top levels into 1946.

Jim

Numdydar

Post by Numdydar »

It did not matter as the game ended in '45 due to an Allied AV. [:(]

While not part of this topic, the Allies in the game can easily win without ever going anywhere near Japan's HI (except to sink ships [:)]) So I am not sure why more Allied players do not do this since it is a lot easier than invading Japan.

As a further note, my TR TF's on the North side of Japan were pretty much left alone, except for subs of course, and it still did not matter as far as VPs go.
sanderz

Post by sanderz »

quick question about auto victory - does it actually end the game or can you just carry on if you want to?

thanks
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: sanderz

quick question about auto victory - does it actually end the game or can you just carry on if you want to?

thanks

you can continue if you want to
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

I remember one game I played few years back after capturing Nauru and trying to pull the troops out and got a small convoy collecting those resources, believe it or not, there was a allied cv group not far that trying to harass that convoys. All I can say is wait awhile before you do anything and do some serious search pattern to make sure there is no allied cv group nearby.

A couple of subs in the neighborhood may discourage a human opponent.[:D]
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”