Which AI and Game Type to choose?

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

magogian

Which AI and Game Type to choose?

Post by magogian »

Hi all,

Is there a good explanation anywhere of the 4 different types of random games? (i.e. New Random; Alt.Gfx Random; New Dawn; Classic)

I've seen a few scattered explanations spread over the years but they are hard to follow.

Also, what are the different AI options? (e.g. classic, generic, generic2) Can/should they be used with any random game type?

Finally, is ATG Tank Models implemented? I see the thread in the Info for Newbies, but it doesn't explain where in what game type it is found.

Thanks.
Vic

RE: Which AI and Game Type to choose?

Post by Vic »

Basically the "new Random game" is the original random games as shipped with the release.

The "Alt.gfx" is the same, but just with different map graphics.

The "New Dawn" is the running experimental random games that have added features as officers and tank models.

The "classic" is the old random game setup from the previous Advanced Tactics game (the one before it became named "Gold")

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
magogian

Post by magogian »

Thanks. That is very helpful!
Josh

Post by Josh »

I advice you to play a few random games on small maps, with different setups each time, so you get a feeling how it plays and what is doing what. You will inevitably come up with questions, and this is the place to get them answered. [;)]
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

I updated this mind map to include game type information:

Random Game Settings:
http://rtworks.org/GameStuff/RandomGame.jpg
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”