US Mandatory Trade to Japan - Bug?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

rkr1958

US Mandatory Trade to Japan - Bug?

Post by rkr1958 »

US had selected option 13 (Embargo on Strategic Materials) two turns ago, which reduced their obligation for trade to Japan to 3 resources (instead of 4) and 2 must be oil. This was being implemented fine until the end of this turn which saw a German invasion of Holland. The three resources that the US was required to trade to Japan are no longer shown under trade for either the US or Japan. And, the two oil points that were coming from the US seems to have been "replaced" by two oil points from the Dutch East Indies. I was "tipped" off to all of this when during the stay at sea phase for Japan, the 3 CPs off the Japanese coast were no longer needed.

Attachments
USTradetoJapan.jpg
USTradetoJapan.jpg (741.71 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

RE: US Mandatory Trade to Japan - Bug?

Post by rkr1958 »

Game turn attached. By the way, I'm using the latest public beta version, with patch. That is, version 1.3.1.5.
Attachments
q1GW20152.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

So now if I click on the 3 Japanese CPs in the Japanese coast to stay at sea and then I click off on them to return to base I get this message. So maybe the 3 traded resources from the US to Japan are in the ether somewhere and may show up again? But, right now it doesn't seem that way. I will keep the 3 CP pipeline opened between the Japan and the US just in case they do show up again.

Attachments
ViolationofTrade.jpg
ViolationofTrade.jpg (52.38 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Ronnie
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

During the Japanese Final Production of the same turn the trade from the US shows back up. So I guess this isn't really a bug? Just a confusing feature. [;)]

Attachments
TradeShowsBackUp.jpg
TradeShowsBackUp.jpg (428.02 KiB) Viewed 45 times
Ronnie
Shannon V. OKeets

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

Confusing behavior.[:(]

The program tries to not recalculate production planning routes completely/continuously. It looks like the program is only partially recalculating the routes after the German DOW on the Netherlands. At the beginning of the Final Production Planning phase it recalculates everything - and gets the report on the US-Japan trade agreement correct.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “Tech Support”