Final Turn Glitch?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Connfire

Final Turn Glitch?

Post by Connfire »

My PBEM opponent and I bought WitP-AE during the last sale, and we've been getting used to it by playing the smaller scenarios against each other, taking turns playing Allies and Japan.

What I've noticed is when I play Japan, when the scenario ends, and the victory (or defeat) screen comes up, I then can click View End Game Status, to see his side and determine how good or bad I did. I like this feature. Unfortunately, when I play Allies, if I click the View End Game Status button (see attached screenshot), after about a second the game ends by itself and I wind up back on the Main Menu. My opponent reports the same thing when he plays Allies.

I hope this isn't a dumb question. I did a search and couldn't find any similar problem reported, so I'm wondering if we're doing something wrong or is this a glitch. So far it's happened with Coral Sea, Guadalcanal, Thousand Mile War, and Operation Buccaneer so it's not just one scenario that's doing it.

Thanks.

Attachments
EndGameScreen.jpg
EndGameScreen.jpg (215.16 KiB) Viewed 92 times
Bullwinkle58

RE: Final Turn Glitch?

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Been years since I played a scenario, and never in PBEM. Might be a glitch; don't know.

A work-around is to have the Japan player send his password by email to the Allies after the game ends and then just open the last Japan turn and look around. Many players do this in the grand campaign too.
The Moose
jwolf

Post by jwolf »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

A work-around is to have the Japan player send his password by email to the Allies after the game ends and then just open the last Japan turn and look around.

That's actually what the manual says to do.
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the password exchange is the way to go.
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Connfire

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the password exchange is the way to go.

if you or your opponent doesn't want to share his pw because it's one that you more commonly use you can always change it before sharing. Long ago this was implemented with one of the patches. Sharing a 12345 pw wouldn't be too scary for me [:)]
Connfire

Post by Connfire »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

if you or your opponent doesn't want to share his pw because it's one that you more commonly use you can always change it before sharing. Long ago this was implemented with one of the patches. Sharing a 12345 pw wouldn't be too scary for me [:)]

That's a very good point. Thank you. [8D]

Return to “Tech Support”