Screen Resolution

The team behind the award-winning game Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive early days of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris is the first in an innovative series of operational World War II wargames that also include a strategic element. The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris simulates Germany’s military successes in Poland and France in 1939 and 1940 (including also a hypothetical “Sea Lion” invasion of Great Britain).

Moderator: Vic

vincere

Screen Resolution

Post by vincere »

Hi I'm finding the unit cards hard to read on . Is there a simple way to change the Game resolution?

Just bought on Steam, looks like a fab game [:)]
Vic

RE: Screen Resolution

Post by Vic »

The game adjusts to your screen resolution. So the only way to change the games resolution is to quit the game, change your screen resolution to something lower and the restart the game.

Just out of curiosity what is your screen resolution?

One of the things I am thinking about implementing is a special mode where you can play the game in a simulated lower resolution mode since there are more and more people nowadays with "insane".. ehm very high resolutions.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

ORIGINAL: Vic

The game adjusts to your screen resolution. So the only way to change the games resolution is to quit the game, change your screen resolution to something lower and the restart the game.

One of the things I am thinking about implementing is a special mode where you can play the game in a simulated lower resolution mode since there are more and more people nowadays with "insane".. ehm very high resolutions.

Best wishes,
Vic

Good idea! Please do it.
Jim Cobb
vincere

Post by vincere »

Best wishes,
Vic

Just a 1920-1080 on a 24 inch.

Yes I know, maybe time to go to the opticians. But there's a lot of detail on the Nato counters.

I reckon the current map and counters could easily handle just one more zoom.... possibly two.

And thank you for replying and looking at more resolutions.
RealChuckB

Post by RealChuckB »

Best wishes,
Vic

Yes, great idea! I play games on a 14 inch laptop with a native resolution of 3200x1800 (I guess that's what you were thinking off when you wrote insane [:D]) but by default I use the Windows 8 scaling function and while I haven't tested Case Blue, Blitzkrieg seems to scale ok) but I'm still running into games that can't handle the resolution at all (even some don't like to switch Windows to a lower resolution). Examples: WitE works well, scaling (200%) works nicely, practically makes this a 1600x900 resolution; WitW has problems (strangely enough) with the fonts getting huge. Civ V doesn't work (even switching Windows to lower res) and only shows a small sreen in the middle with huge "letterbox"; AGEOD games work very well, seems to smoothly scale very well.
This will come up more and more and while I agree that the people playing wargames are likely NOT jumping into 4K gaming very soon, there will be more and more ... mature buyers playing this on their laptops that more and more come with high resolutions.

So, highly appreciate your efforts to make this work!

Thanks

P.S. Happy to help with some testing, if needed. I run some strange resolutions for my gaming with 1920x1200 on 27 inch the most "normal", then 3200x1800 on 14 inch and, attaching this laptop to monitor via HDMI, I'm running 2560x1440 on 27 inch

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris”