Suggestion: Solitaire Play Monitor Layout

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Anonymous

Suggestion: Solitaire Play Monitor Layout

Post by Anonymous »

I primarily play solitaire and I'll get a monitor layout setup and as soon as I start playing, because of the way SLY files are setup the monitor layout will change when the next country's turn happens.

Can we have some method that once I setup my monitor layout it stays that way throughout the game or until I change it again?

I know I can go through all the countries and save the SLY file each time, but it just take a bit of time to do that.

It would be real handy if there was one master monitor layout to be used. Seems silly that I have to modify the layout every time I start a game/scenario.
Centuur

RE: Suggestion: Solitaire Play Monitor Layout

Post by Centuur »

I don't know what you mean. I have one screen layout which I use for all scenario's (except for Barbarossa, I've got a different one for that) which includes screens for all major powers. It took me some time to make, that I agree on, but once you've saved all screens for all major powers under the same screen layout name, it works fine for me...

And you can copy it into the right folders for the other scenario's.

Now, I don't use any other screen layouts or map views (I rather navigate using the global map), so that makes things easy for me, I believe...
Peter
Shannon V. OKeets

RE: Suggestion: Solitaire Play Monitor Layout

Post by Shannon V. OKeets »

ORIGINAL: csiemers

I primarily play solitaire and I'll get a monitor layout setup and as soon as I start playing, because of the way SLY files are setup the monitor layout will change when the next country's turn happens.

Can we have some method that once I setup my monitor layout it stays that way throughout the game or until I change it again?

I know I can go through all the countries and save the SLY file each time, but it just take a bit of time to do that.

It would be real handy if there was one master monitor layout to be used. Seems silly that I have to modify the layout every time I start a game/scenario.
For a new game, the program uses New Game.SLY from the Map Views folder for the given scenario. So there is a separate New Game.Sly for each scenario.

If you modify that SLY file (using Redefine from the SLY dropdown menu), then MWIF will start each new game using your preferred layouts.

As you noted, you do have to go to some effort to set that up for each major power. But then you can use it forever - and copy it to the other scenario folders if you like.
Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

Return to “World in Flames”