problem with start up and main menu

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

jroper10

problem with start up and main menu

Post by jroper10 »

when ever i start up DW (i have all the expansions except Universe) the intro movie and the game menu is partially off screen.

i cant close out the the WHATS NEW window and when i click start new game, i cant select hardly any of the options available because its like my screen is zoomed up too far and half the options are off screen.

when i start a tutorial, the game works fine.

any ideas on how to fix this issue? i cant get to the options button on the main menu to try and change the resolution because i cant close out the Galactiopedia window..

edit 1 : im running windows 8.1 on a surface pro 3..

when i get in game the screen is perfect but when im at main menu, the right side of the screen is hanging off to where i have black bars at the top and sides of my display.
Bingeling

RE: problem with start up and main menu

Post by Bingeling »

Do you have desktop zoom or something like that?

You can try to remove the ' in front of the screen size settings in Startup.ini. That ought to launch the game in a window. That way you could possibly be able to close the galactopedia, make it not appear on startup, and set up a game. And you an always add the ' again after saving your new game if it works well and you prefer it that way.

Just a suggestion for a workaround.

Return to “Tech Support”