This forum

The newest game by Ageod, set during The Great War.

Moderator: Pocus

operating

This forum

Post by operating »

In general I prefer the Matrix style forum, but unfortunately it seems it does not get the attention to EAW as the Ageod forum, even though I think this is easier to read and post, than that "gloomy" looking Ageod forum. Regardless, visit here often to view posts and perhaps gather some helpful tips on how to play EAW . I'd be actively posting here, but have been having difficulty embracing the game, however, I am still interested in what others have to say.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
loki100

RE: This forum

Post by loki100 »

I think the problem is that unless you play other matrix games than those from AGEOD there is no reason to post/comment here. A few of us do, and AGEOD staff keep an eye on technical problems, but most don't.

So I fear you'll get more response/input/discussion on the 'gloomy' AGEOD boards to be honest.

See it with some other games, there is far more activity on the Slitherine boards, so it really depends. But most AGEOD players were into their games before the tie up with Matrix.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: loki100

I think the problem is that unless you play other matrix games than those from AGEOD there is no reason to post/comment here. A few of us do, and AGEOD staff keep an eye on technical problems, but most don't.

So I fear you'll get more response/input/discussion on the 'gloomy' AGEOD boards to be honest.

See it with some other games, there is far more activity on the Slitherine boards, so it really depends. But most AGEOD players were into their games before the tie up with Matrix.
Yes, I see where EAW is listed under the Slitherine forums, however members are prevented from posting there, which struck me as a bit odd. Do you know if there is a Steam forum for EAW or CTGW?
Symple

Post by Symple »

That is interesting. I get the message that "You do not have permission to read topics in this forum" on the Slitherine forum on the EAW thread. I do better as guest than as a logged in member of the 'unified' forum. I wonder what the problem might be. I am sure a unified login is the desired goal.
I had not checked EAW on Slitherine for much the same reason loki100 mentions, I am active on AGEOD as these are at least half of the games I play.
I should mention, I do have open access to other forum posts on Slitherine, just not EAW.
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Symple

That is interesting. I get the message that "You do not have permission to read topics in this forum" on the Slitherine forum on the EAW thread. I do better as guest than as a logged in member of the 'unified' forum. I wonder what the problem might be. I am sure a unified login is the desired goal.
I had not checked EAW on Slitherine for much the same reason loki100 mentions, I am active on AGEOD as these are at least half of the games I play.
I should mention, I do have open access to other forum posts on Slitherine, just not EAW.
Don't get me wrong! I like going to the Matrix site, for my main interest is CTGW MP matches, but also it is convenient to drop onto the EAW site, as well as my recent interest, General Discussions, it all has a nice flow. What's confusing is: That there different worlds (company sites/forums) that have to do with the same game or games, where members are so disconnected from one another, in other words, they do not know the other sites exist, or don't care, it just seems a little screwed up, or not as organized as it should be, or I am just plain being anal....? And, OH Yeah! That "united forum" thing, works about as good as a fart in a space suit!
Symple

Post by Symple »

I am not saying Matrix site is not really decent, it is. It is because the unified site is not, in fact, unified. Some issues are on the odd shut out threads, but mostly what you reflect. Why are not all EAW comments in the same unified thread? I think the union of these three really great game companies may be here to stay, so I am ready for unified dialogues, not three separate ones. Each forum has its own tone which makes some members more comfortable in one rather than the others. And some forums are more welcoming of new players. But overall, each forum has some helpful members and some annoying members. And all forums have a mean member and nice members. So no reason not to join into a share effort. I do not mean one forum, that would be wrong. But shared threads. That is, do what is done for some games, send you to the unified thread. I think the hostility of some Matrix players to some AGEOD games is due to feeling that they are not part of the shared game community. They are, of course.

My dog would actually love your space suit analogy, she is a connoisseur of interesting smells.

Side note: Have you played with Strategic Command's World I The Great War 1914-1918. It is another very interesting take on playing the Great War. CTGW is the most flexible in play formats. I love it on my I-Pod. EAW is deeply engaging. I am just learning to use the battle system. Really challenging and complex. Strategic Command's version is a whole new take.
operating

Post by operating »

There are some excellent questions asked at the thread here: tm.asp?m=3792850 with fellow members providing some wake up answers to, which helps myself to better understand the game.

Symple,

No, I am not interested in anything else but EAW and CTGW at the moment, but have not devoted the time I should to having a good grasp for EAW, sorry to say for the money invested.

Bob

Return to “To End All Wars Series”