Schwerpunkt Games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

oldspec4

RE: Schwerpunkt Games

Post by oldspec4 »

Good point! I have my link red-flagged to not inadvertently delete. I believe Ron has replaced the link for those that have deleted the original though.
Templer_12

What, no music in the game

Post by Templer_12 »

Well, there comes background music with the game.

If you need more you can easily collect music on YouTube and draw up playlists.
These can then be run during the game in the background.

For this I assembled historical songs (in historic scratchy sound quality) of the Wehrmacht.

Also nice for playlists, collect historic Wochenshow newsreels and then run them in the background.
warspite1

RE: What, no music in the game

Post by warspite1 »

That's irritating - my computer won't let me download the game [:@]....
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
oldspec4

RE: What, no music in the game

Post by oldspec4 »

Can't download because of anti-virus program? IIRC, I had to give permission to Norton Internet Security to download and trust the site.
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Can't download because of anti-virus program? IIRC, I had to give permission to Norton Internet Security to download and trust the site.
warspite1

Was that an easy process?

oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

IMO, not hard for Norton..its on one of the pop-ups that either deletes the original file or requires further action to trust the download site.

I have experienced this with a number of download sites over time. But Norton will allow the user to modify the initial denied download. Don't know if this applies to other AV programs.
Templer_12

GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe

Post by Templer_12 »

And here is the first review:

-> GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe

Ron Dockal's WWIIE - The Chess Art Of War
Templer_12

RE: GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe

Post by Templer_12 »

Generals are fighting with WWIIE should straight away browse to the installation directory!
You will find: wwiierefc.pdf

Or deciphered:

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

IMO, not hard for Norton..its on one of the pop-ups that either deletes the original file or requires further action to trust the download site.

I have experienced this with a number of download sites over time. But Norton will allow the user to modify the initial denied download. Don't know if this applies to other AV programs.
Warspite1

Well great customer service from Schwerpunkt. I bought the game but could not download it because of the reasons given above. They gave me a full refund, no questions asked, immediately. Thanks Ron.

oldspec4

RE: GrogHeads Reviews Schwerpunkt’s WWII in Europe

Post by oldspec4 »

Never noticed this before...thanks for the reference.
oldspec4

Post by oldspec4 »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Warspite1

Well great customer service from Schwerpunkt. I bought the game but could not download it because of the reasons given above. They gave me a full refund, no questions asked, immediately. Thanks Ron.

Too bad re: the download issue...but good to know that Schwerpunkt (Ron) has been very responsive to customer game questions and issues.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Its been a minute since any activity on this thread. I was wondering if any of you fine gents that purchased World War II - Europe could tell me how the continued development is going? I am wondering if the patches being released are working well and fixing more issues vs. causing many new ones.

Also how are the new scenarios that have been released?
Gilmer

Post by Gilmer »

It should. You just have to figure out how to get it to trust the website. I had my antivirus program delete an exe file on an Ageod game Birth of America 2. Was pretty annoying until I figured out how to make it realize it was an OK file.
"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/12/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: Ostwindflak

Its been a minute since any activity on this thread. I was wondering if any of you fine gents that purchased World War II - Europe could tell me how the continued development is going? I am wondering if the patches being released are working well and fixing more issues vs. causing many new ones.

Also how are the new scenarios that have been released?

The patches in general have been improvements, especially on the interface side. There are some lingering issues with air and naval stuff, but nothing showstopping for the vast majority of scenarios.

There have been 5-6 new scenarios released---- honestly I've barely scratched the content of the initial scenarios, so lost track of what the new ones are---- mostly Stalingrad era stuff I think.

The first long campaign scenario is being worked on--- East fron 1941.

But short answer, the game is a keeper and improving rapidly.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

Thanks for the reply map66. That is encouraging news as I liked what I saw when this thread first came about, but not much has been said about the game since the initial hub bub.

I may buy this in the near future as your response seems favorable to the game.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

No problem--- and check out the Wargamer forum (in the developers section/ Schewerpunkt) for much more current on-going discussions.

But again, the game comes highly recommended as is. There is already an insane amount of content in the game, with an insane amount more coming soon and being released at a fairly rapid rate. And I've really warmed up the interface after learning stuff like locking in orders and such. It's not intuitive at first just because it's so different from the norm, but one quickly learns to appreciate it.
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

I've purchased the game. At the moment (version 1.0.3) there are these scenarios available for playing (the ones I pointed in red):

As map66 said, there are some issue with naval ai (worked in next patch, if I understand correctly), but the ground scenarios are ok.
Ostwindflak

Post by Ostwindflak »

That is a good amount of scenarios thus far. Thanks for posting that Cohimbra.
governato

Post by governato »

I like this game and how it has a lot of support from the community as it evolves. The developer is actively taking users' feedback to improve it.

Here is a link to a recent AAR: Invasion of Sicily

The current manual in PDF is HERE
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I noticed this thread and I had the Russo German War game when it came out but I think I got rid of it. It never worked well when I first bought it. Now, I am going to check my room to see if I still have the game?

Return to “General Discussion”