How to cross to the boot?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

GBS

How to cross to the boot?

Post by GBS »

Any advice would be much appreciated. I have the whole British 8th Army gathered around Messina which is being stonewalled by an 11,000 man german unit in a 3.10 fort in Reggio. Tips please. Thanks.
"It is well War is so terrible lest we grow fond of it." -
R. E. Lee

"War..god help me, I love it so." - G. Patton
Nico165b165

RE: How to cross to the boot?

Post by Nico165b165 »

Best solution : invade further. That's what the allies did in Salerno. This way the Germans in Reggio will have to retreat or be captured. If they don't retreat, you can isolate them and attack by going down the boot.
Smirfy

Post by Smirfy »

The Allies actually invaded the Toe before Salerno.
Nico165b165

Post by Nico165b165 »

Because the Germans didn't stay in Reggio. Because they feared an allied invasion that would cut them from their bases. It's good that both camps can play this intox game in WitW. The Germans can make a greater effort to delay the allies in the boot, but at a greater risk of being caught.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”