Wrong Century OT: Flethcher Christian?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

Wrong Century OT: Flethcher Christian?

Post by Footslogger »

I've been watching the different version of Mutiny on the Bounty and was wondering if Fletcher Christian did make it back to England safely?

Here is a clip from one of the movies that explains that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q067OuCUl7o

AW1Steve

RE: Wrong Century OT: Flethcher Christian?

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Footslogger

I've been watching the different version of Mutiny on the Bounty and was wondering if Fletcher Christian did make it back to England safely?

Here is a clip from one of the movies that explains that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q067OuCUl7o

No , he didn't. And if he had , they'd have hung him, as they did several of his crew. [8|]
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

No , he didn't. And if he had , they'd have hung him, as they did several of his crew. [8|]

That is so true. Even his DNA is restricted to Pitcairn Island. I don't care. Captain Bligh was a proper gentleman.

warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

warspite1

This is a great film with great music by Vangelis - the opening and closing themes are regularly played on my IPOD [:)]

How Fletcher Christian could have made it back to England is difficult to see - even less that he would be undiscovered in so doing.

We can only wonder what the mutineers thoughts were the moment they had realised the enormity of what they had done, and that there was no going back to civilisation and the world they knew.

Captain Bligh's skill and ability was certainly put to the test - and he came through with flying colours to get his men to safety.

And here is the closing music. Best listened to as the ship, ablaze from stem to stern, sinks beneath the waves... beautiful music [&o], scary situation [X(].
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oop6Rq_4XMQ
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

Spent a beautiful week on Norfolk Island where every second person is related to Fletcher Christian, all the rest claim the rest of the mutineers as their forebears.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
mind_messing

Post by mind_messing »

I always did find a certain humour in the story of Bligh's life. He gets thrown off one ship by a mutiny, ends up performing an excellent feat of open-water navigation, then gets put in charge of the Austrailian penal colonies only to have them mutiny and depose him as well.
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I read somewhere, that based on DNA evidence, something like a third of the world's population is descended from Genghis Kahn. [X(]

Hyacinth

Post by Hyacinth »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I read somewhere, that based on DNA evidence, something like a third of the world's population is descended from Genghis Kahn. [X(]

That would explain a lot.
Footslogger

Post by Footslogger »

So my next question is, which of these movies is the most accurate:

1. Mutiny on the Bounty 1935
2. Mutiny of the Bounty 1962
3. The Bounty 1984
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

None of the above. It was "1941" with John Belushi and Dan Akroyd.

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Additionally something like 90% of Caucasians are direct descendants of Charlemagne.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Are you telling me that Charlemagne had more Mojo than Genghis Khan? This sounds like a reality TV show, how do we secure the rights to it? Quein es mas macho!? Lloyd Bridges, Ricardo Montalban, Charlemagne or Genghis Khan?

wdolson

Post by wdolson »

1/3 of the world's population is more people than 905 of Caucasians.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

We can only wonder what the mutineers thoughts were the moment they had realised the enormity of what they had done, and that there was no going back to civilisation and the world they knew.

I know what their thoughts were. Even if Bligh was not a tyrant, a few years on a ship of that size, under those conditions? And then to be met along side by an outrigger crewed by...well, see to LST's signature [:D] What I was always in awe of was all the British Navy accomplished during that time.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

ORIGINAL: warspite1

I know what their thoughts were. Even if Bligh was not a tyrant, a few years on a ship of that size, under those conditions? And then to be met along side by an outrigger crewed by...well, see to LST's signature [:D] What I was always in awe of was all the British Navy accomplished during that time.
warspite1

Fnarr, Fnarr.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
Footslogger

Post by Footslogger »

So I have another question. What is meant when Bligh says, "Oh there are rumblings are there?"
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

So I have another question. What is meant when Bligh says, "Oh there are rumblings are there?"

What a lot of people do on this forum, grumble, moan, general unhappiness etc. That includes me.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”