Frequent Crashes After Update to 1.06

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

arnii

Frequent Crashes After Update to 1.06

Post by arnii »

Hi, after I updated the game to 1.06 it has started to crash quite often. Sometimes it crases quite frequently so it is hard to play it. Here is screenshot that show example of these crases.

Attachments
CommandError.jpg
CommandError.jpg (454.56 KiB) Viewed 91 times
mikmykWS

RE: Frequent Crashes After Update to 1.06

Post by mikmykWS »

Arnii try turning the game sounds off and see if the behavior is better.(Game->Game Options->Sounds/Music Tab)

We're working on the next update and expect to have a fix to release with it. Sorry for the bad behavior if it turns out to be the cause.
Ginetto

Post by Ginetto »

Mike,I'm getting the same problem: frequent crashes in both complex and simple scenarios. The message box always says a bug has cropped up etc. The screen goes white with a St. Andrew's cross through it (a giant capital X). I tried shutting down some of the sound options, but no improvement. To properly research the thing I should theoretically play everyone of the 200+ scenarios until it crashes, if ever.
Anyway, we're counting on you guys.
Gino
VistaJohn1

Post by VistaJohn1 »

Same here, and it stopped crashing with that error after turning sound off. Was trying to speed things up and found sound on my own. Had the same 2 stack errors, plus others. Question: Had to edit the ini file to change multi thread to on (default off?). Was grayed out(not a choice during installation of 1.06update). Seems to run faster turned on (esp with pulse turned on). Why no choice on install? On win7pro with auto update notice. Hardware is Asus Rampage Black with newest Intel 4960x cpu and 32 gig ram. I run very large scns and the game is rally a blast and mostly stable. When I do have a crash, it mostly says out of mem. Have been a fan sence Harpoon was on 3 flopies or one 720K flopy. I loved doing my own databases sence pfedit and on, wish I could still do so. Realy a great game.

VistaJohn

arnii

Post by arnii »

Hi, Mike.
I will swich off the sound and try with out that. But there are sveral other errors that have started to popup after the update. Other users have have sent it in but if you like I can send you those error messages?
On the other hand this game is quite good I enjoy play it. Thanks!

Regards
Arni

Return to “Tech Support”