Registered users.

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Zap

Registered users.

Post by Zap »

I have always wondered about how many actual registered active users are there, really?

The forum page says 45,595 registered users. Could it be 45,595 I doubt.
Anybody care to speculate how many are active or have been active and taken a hiatus. That would include active visitors who don't post.

With over 3,500,000 posts made!
Zap

RE: Registered users.

Post by Zap »

I should mention what had me thinking about it was looking at the games in development. Wondering, how many people will pick these up. If 20,000 of the registered user picked up one title that would be pretty successful launch.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I wonder how many of those 45,595 registered users are spam bots.
parusski

Post by parusski »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

One that I know of, known as warspite1.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: parusski

Warspite1

+1
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

Soojan

+1 I love 45,595 registered users it is my friend.

Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Zap

I have always wondered about how many actual registered active users are there, really?

Anybody care to speculate how many are active or have been active and taken a hiatus. That would include active visitors who don't post.

There are 7957 registered members (excluding banned members) with 20 or more posts in this forum and that includes moderators and developers.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Orm

There are 7957 registered members (excluding banned members) with 20 or more posts in this forum and that includes moderators and developers.

I didn't know you could determine that without manually counting them.
Orm

Post by Orm »

I manually counted them. [:D]

I just sorted them in order of posts made then checked on how many pages there where with 20 or more posts. It was 265 pages with 30 members on each page and then a partial page with 7 members.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Soojan

Soojan, my friend! It's been so long! How are you?
wings7

Post by wings7 »

I manually counted them. [:D]

I just sorted them in order of posts made then checked on how many pages there where with 20 or more posts. It was 265 pages with 30 members on each page and then a partial page with 7 members.

Great work! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Zap

Post by Zap »

So that means there are more than that because so many of the game forums have active participants who don't post in the general forum.
Orm

Post by Orm »

So that means there are more than that because so many of the game forums have active participants who don't post in the general forum.
Unfortunately not. When I did my count all the 45,000+ members where included. It is just that the huge majority do not post more than a few times.
Zap

Post by Zap »

I guess the only others to count would be those who don't post but visit frequently and purchase games. Just no way to know that. 7900+ is a good number.
Zap

Post by Zap »

After reading that game purchases of some games have reached 200,000 or more I would venture to say the 45,000 registered active members may be accurate.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

Questions about population and sub-population sizes are always of interest to me. To put the Matrix segment into perspective.

At its peak in Q3/Q4 of 2010, World of Warcraft (a game I have never played) had ~12 million subscribers. Numbers have dropped since 2010, but seem to have stabilized in the 6.5 to 7.5 million range.

Can you imagine the impact it could have on the "wargame development" industry if some random bombshell could generate anything like that much buzz about something that bore any resemblance to a Matrix title? Maybe imagining that is like imagining pigs with wings, but maybe not.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
operating

Post by operating »

In the past, over at Scourge of War forum members list, the gatekeepers purge spammers off the list, as well as others, for reasons I cannot recollect. Over there a member was given a #, or rather you have a sequential number depending on when you joined, early members having the lowest member #. Over time I noticed my member # went from let's say 500 down to 450, meaning 50 members either canceled their membership or as a result of in house cleaning up of the list by the owner. Seems to me if you had duplicate member accounts, they would narrow you down to "1" membership account, I do know why and I could be wrong, however, I do notice in the Matrix membership list examples of duplicate accounts, so to be fair, I do not believe the account numbers by Matrix to be accurate as to the actual membership
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
Zap

Post by Zap »

I would like that to happen. It would mean the general populace jumped a point or two in serious thought.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Soojan

Soojan? Soojan?
Where are you Soojan? Afterward Rachel Pilsem and me (this one, this time) are at the fashion mashup of wind!
For you never coming is too bad! Bah! Bah!
Warpspite the old Lady is my friend from the pet shop!
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: danlongman

Soojan

Soojan? Soojan?
Where are you Soojan? Afterward Rachel Pilsem and me (this one, this time) are at the fashion mashup of wind!
For you never coming is too bad! Bah! Bah!
Warpspite the old Lady is my friend from the pet shop!
soojan

Soojan here danlongmanman. Miss mashup when mr Wilkes stop me come to local pet store. No kitchen now but wear boots strong and masculine like Rachel Pilsem make wind.

I like Bah! Bah! It is my friend

Return to “General Discussion”