Pelton(Axis) vs DicedT Axis Victory (Resigned)

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

Peltonx

Pelton(Axis) vs DicedT Axis Victory (Resigned)

Post by Peltonx »

We decided to start over because of a teleporting bug caused by German units being on Sardinia when Italy surrenders.

Turn 3: The WA’s land on the toe and 1st Army rushes divisions to the landing area. The LW moves aircraft range of the landings.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Nico165b165

RE: Pelton vs DicedT

Post by Nico165b165 »

About your air directives : do you keep auto selection of the air groups participating with an order of priority between the AD's ? Do you select them manually ? Or use different days for different AD's ?
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Nico165

About your air directives : do you keep auto selection of the air groups participating
with an order of priority between the AD's ? Do you select them manually ?
Or use different days for different AD's ?

I micro manage everything.

It take a few hrs to set things up t-1 but once its done I can pick planes and areas easly and quickly depending on need.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Balou

Post by Balou »

What naval interdiction levels around Sard/Cors and Sicily/SouthItaly? Would be interesting to hear from opponent about his resupply in those areas.
“Aim towards enemy“.
- instructions on U.S. rocket launcher
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Balou

What naval interdiction levels around Sard/Cors and Sicily/SouthItaly? Would be interesting to hear from opponent about his resupply in those areas.

Send him a PM
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 4: The LW does naval patrols and on turn 4 the HG division is shipped out of Sicily to just north of landing area. The 15th GD crosses the straights to Reggio Calabria.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 5 VP’s this turn: -10 Total: -51
Troop ships lost: 42 Cargo: 106
Troop ship losses are picking up so the LW will bring in more planes to keep inflicting losses. 1st Army is leaving reserves at both choke points of the toe just in case the WA’s try landing north of the 1st landing area. XIV Corp begins pushing 7th Army into the sea, 3rd infantry divisions is driven back on to the sea and one beach head is eliminated. In total XIV Corp recaptures 4 hexes causing just over 11.5k in enemy troop loses total.

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (419.79 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

I'm going to make a bold prediction: no western allied player will win with one arm (the Air Force) tied behind his back.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Seminole

I'm going to make a bold prediction: no western allied player will win with one arm (the Air Force) tied behind his back.

Not sure what you mean by that but so far its been easy.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

to be fair, you've already said as much: "I see many weak unsupported landings with little to no air support which I easly push off the beaches."

WA players still need to figure out the air. I keep seeing ground battles where the WA have no interdiction and no ground support. Recipe for failure.

I'm not saying at all that the game is broken, I think people still have a lot of new tools to figure out. That's going to benefit the Axis until they do.

I've barely played as the Axis (just accepted the first grand campaign), but I was surprised how well Ju 88s generate naval interdiction. This in turn requires the WA to devote AC to naval patrols instead of where they're most needed. Fighter cover doesn't seem to deter the Ju 88s much, but my sample size is small and genuine air superiority takes time.
"War is never a technical problem only, and if in pursuing technical solutions you neglect the psychological and the political, then the best technical solutions will be worthless." - Hermann Balck
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: Pelton

to be fair, you've already said as much: "I see many weak unsupported landings with little to no air support which I easly push off the beaches."

WA players still need to figure out the air. I keep seeing ground battles where the WA have no interdiction and no ground support. Recipe for failure.

I'm not saying at all that the game is broken, I think people still have a lot of new tools to figure out. That's going to benefit the Axis until they do.

I've barely played as the Axis (just accepted the first grand campaign), but I was surprised how well Ju 88s generate naval interdiction. This in turn requires the WA to devote AC to naval patrols instead of where they're most needed. Fighter cover doesn't seem to deter the Ju 88s much, but my sample size is small and genuine air superiority takes time.

Carlkey is only one so far I have played that is good at WA air war, but even then I think he had yet to play anyone good at Germany.

He invaded near Rome early(because it always worked in past)and I sank allot of troopships to the point he only had 160 for D-day and hes been AKF for over a week which generally means hes done.

Germany is not helpless for sure, IF WA player does something silly he will pay vs a good German player.

My LW was shot out of the skys by carlkey and completely usless by turn 40, but the damage was done.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
DTomato

Post by DTomato »

Folks, I'm not going to post much here, because I don't want to peek at my illustrious opponent Pelton's strategy (much more fun to be surprised, even if it's learning the hard way).

I'll simply point out that if the loss figures I'm seeing are correct, Pelton's Luftwaffe has lost almost 600 German bombers in 5 turns, including more than 400 Ju-88s. And that was against me, who is still trying to understand naval interdiction (or rather how to stop German naval interdiction).

I'm curious to how German bomber losses this early in the game will pan out in the long run. I wonder if German bomber pilot quality will go down?

DT
marion61

Post by marion61 »

Ask Notonestepback. Since summer 44 his pilot quality is so bad all my pilots do is look at them and they fall out of the sky [8D]. I don't even worry about his air at this point, but he used what air he had very well up until pilot quality went south.
DTomato

Post by DTomato »

Meanwhile, it's Turn 6 and Italy has surrendered. All those pesky Italian garrisons and aircraft are gone a month earlier than historical. Not a bad trade for some transport ships and a U.S. division.

DT
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: DicedT

Meanwhile, it's Turn 6 and Italy has surrendered. All those pesky Italian garrisons and aircraft are gone a month earlier than historical. Not a bad trade for some transport ships and a U.S. division.

DT

One minor problem is Italians should not be surrendering until September and units are still being teleported from Sardinia and Corsica to mainland Italy
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
marion61

Post by marion61 »

It seems random, because I've had the Italians stick it out until late October in one server game. That put me a month behind schedule because I had to fight for Corsica and Sardinia, and I hit the Italian toe on turn 2, but they stuck around like a thorn in my arse.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

ORIGINAL: meklore61

It seems random, because I've had the Italians stick it out until late October in one server game. That put me a month behind schedule because I had to fight for Corsica and Sardinia, and I hit the Italian toe on turn 2, but they stuck around like a thorn in my arse.

.11 they should not surrender until 1st September
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Baelfiin

Post by Baelfiin »

They start having a chance in august, like turn 6 depending on your garrison cv in mainland Italy. IIRC the number of cv to have is 200, but starting in September your cv gets quartered so GL after that.
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 7 VP’s this turn: -7 Total: -69
Troop ships lost: 67 Cargo: 175
Sardinia is lost because of teleporting bug.
On Corsica 264th Infantry Division is moved from the port to ships because of a bug but use ships and land at Porto Vecchio and move inland. LXXIV Corp also moves onto island to run operations.
At the tip of the toe the German lines hold.

Attachments
south.jpg
south.jpg (202.43 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Turn 8 VP’s this turn: -3 Total: -72
Troop ships lost: 75 Cargo: 200
LXXIV Corp starts clearing hexes and another Infantry division is shipped into port. The LW also relocates and starts locking down the shipping lanes. 1st Army starts wo withdraw from the toes of the boot.

Attachments
south.jpg
south.jpg (273.86 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “After Action Reports”