AI Russian versus human Russian

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

vandorenp

AI Russian versus human Russian

Post by vandorenp »

(This question has to have been asked and answered a million times already)

Seems like the human Russian has no where near the units as the AI Russian. Against the AI the German finds every breakthrough instigating a torrent of weak Russian infantry units. The human Russian can't produce any response of that magnitude. Whys that?
Keydet
jwolf

RE: AI Russian versus human Russian

Post by jwolf »

As I understand it, the AI is hard coded to have an army consisting of a minimum of a certain number of divisions and/or their equivalents. But the number of actual troops is genuine as listed in the OOB at the time. So, assuming you're doing well as Axis vs the AI, you find constant swarms of AI units but they are badly understrength and easy to defeat. For example, I've seen many AI rifle corps with only about 5K troops, which would be only about a half-strength division.
PhilThomas

Post by PhilThomas »

AI does the same for the Germans when the Soviets are winning.
"Everybody knows the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost."
--Leonard Cohen
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

AI does not have to pay Admin Points to create units in exactly the same way as humans.
The AI can actually handicap itself by creating too many 'shells.' A human won't make that mistake (nor can he since he has to pay full APs for stuff).

Conversely, the German AI doesn't have to garrison cities against partisans. At all.

Fair exchange, really.
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
micheljq

Post by micheljq »

I don't understand, I play the russian and yes I have a torrent of weak units to oppose to the german AI. And it is only turn 12, more and more divisions will come.

I play against normal AI. I do not think AI is gaining more units unless you play against a more challenging AI.

Michel.
Michel Desjardins,
"Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious" - Oscar Wilde
"History is a set of lies agreed upon" - Napoleon Bonaparte after the battle of Waterloo, june 18th, 1815

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”