Aaw Nuts - Play testers wanted

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

Tazak

Aaw Nuts - Play testers wanted

Post by Tazak »

Got a scenario that needs some play testing in the next few days, any volunteers [:)]

10 hour battle, standard US vs WP, playable as US. I would however be interested to hear peoples view on its H2H balance.

Draft Scenario Briefing
After a rapid advance by Soviet forces you find yourself cutoff and over 30km behind the rapidly changing front line.

The local soviet commander has just sent a radio message requesting your surrender to avoid needless loss of life on both sides, your reply was in line with Brigadier General McAuliffe response to the Germans at Bastogne in WW2.

This isn't WW2 and your not facing a last ditch german attack, but you are sat on top of an important road and rail junction that the soviets need to keep their front line troops supplied, expect reserves being brought forward and most likely combat troops brought back from the front line, they can and will attack from any direction.

You have a composite force of stragglers totalling a reduce armd cav troop, 1 reinforced company of tanks, 1 reduced company of infantry with Bradley M2, 2 companies of infantry in M113 and a mixed antitank platoon of M150/M901. Your men are a mix of battle tested veterans and newly arrived untested troops. Most are in need of resupply and rest.

Division isn't ready to write you off just yet, however it will take a few hours to assemble the force needed to breakthrough to you, be ready to pull out when they do.

Div and Corp Arty will come under your command as they get within range, the weather is stopping the airforce from providing support. You are on your own until friendly forces can get through to you sometime in the next 10 hours.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
JohnOsb

RE: Play testers wanted

Post by JohnOsb »

Sure shoot it my way. Will talk to Kip and see if he wants to help test as well. We're doing a PBEM right now.
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I'd be happy to try it.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Sent you both a PM - well 2 as I forgot to attach the scenario file (sorry)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

Interesting scenario, fought off the 1st wave of enemy forces. Not sure if you want me to post here or by PM, will wait for reply before posting.
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

I've let the cat out of the bag, so feel free to post comments here.

General premise is your force is surrounded and under attack from all sides by forces that get stronger and stronger, you need to maintain an all round defence

While its a standard NATO defence vs WP attack, I've tried to make it different.
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

I wont post anything here because it is a test, so will send by PM.
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

I'll play it several times over the weekend. Check your Inbox for PM.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
IronMikeGolf

Festung Braunschweig

Post by IronMikeGolf »

Here is the central terrain for this battle. The city center of Braunschweig has been fortified and I will man that with M113 equipped infantry. I am expecting unsynchronized attacks from all directions.

I will exploit the known tactics of my adversary, Arte (the AI). Arte is a big fan of IFR (I Follow Roads) land navigation. I may be able to exploit this.

Looking at the approaches, there is good terrain for engagement areas west, south and north/northwest of the city. East of the city, this is not the case. I also expect to be attacked from this axis first.

The main avenue of approach from the east is autobahn A39. I will blow the bridges southeast, south, and southwest of the fortifications and leave the other bridges intact. I hope this will entice Arte to move north along N4 and circle the city to the north to use the northwest bridge. This should string him out and allow plenty of Dragon shots as they promenade.

I will also drop the rail bridge south of the city. That makes the bridges just north of the city my main means of east-west movement.

Attachments
AwwNuts_S..NoUnits.jpg
AwwNuts_S..NoUnits.jpg (400.08 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Jeff
Sua Sponte
IronMikeGolf

RE: Festung Braunschweig

Post by IronMikeGolf »

This is a fun scenario. It was a very near run thing for me on the first run through. I'll write up a full AAR in another thread today and tonight.
Jeff
Sua Sponte
JohnOsb

Post by JohnOsb »

Same here, one of the attacks had me on edge of my seat and started cussing at the screen yelling, what the hell are you doing [:D]

I won't be able to post anything until tomorrow at the latest.

One thing I didn't do was blow all the bridges but one, I give orders to not blow the bridges unless there is a chance that the unit will be overrun covering that bridge.
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

Glad you two are enjoying it, doing this test in 2 stages

1. see if its possible to hold the town

I've managed to hold it just, and even got a contested draw after US forces were reduced below 30%, and stage 2 is an evolution to how I see the final battle playing out

2. hold the town then carry out a fighting withdrawal to bring your men home

This part is proving tricky but I think I have solved (famous last words)
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
WABAC

RE: Aaw Nuts - Play testers wanted

Post by WABAC »

I wish I had more free time. Looks like fun.

I like to see scenarios in less than ideal weather conditions.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”