[LOG] Out of Memory Crash

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

kritter

[LOG] Out of Memory Crash

Post by kritter »

Help I keep getting out of memory crash and I have 16G of ram on my system. Included is my file for your review, nothing that big here but it runs for a while and then crashes. It is an RAR file but I changed the extension to ZIP so it would upload.
Attachments
SouthChinaSea.zip
(232.82 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
mikmykWS

RE: Out of Memory Crash

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for reporting. We'll take a look. Logged.

M
grab

Post by grab »

I am getting out of memory errors with 1.6. Not had this problem with earlier builds. I have 32Gb of Ram on my system. I also have music and sound turned off in the options.
Attachments
Error_Med_..ict_1990.zip
(600.61 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
grab

Post by grab »

Have run some checks and it looks like "Sea Hag 1e may have been the problem. Ran through the same scenario twice with just CMANO running and no crash (Music and sound turned off). Ran it again with Sea Hag 1e running and it crashed.
System, Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, Windows 10 Professional, 32 GB of RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti
kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

ORIGINAL: grab

Have run some checks and it looks like "Sea Hag 1e may have been the problem. Ran through the same scenario twice with just CMANO running and no crash (Music and sound turned off). Ran it again with Sea Hag 1e running and it crashed.

I'm not sure Sea Hag is the only culprit. With this latest version, I am getting OOM errors, where before
this version I had never had one. It's somewhat random for me, as I just restart from an autosave (scenarios I
have played in the past with no problems), and it continues on fine..... I have 16g of memory, and watching
memory usage, I don't see any spike on the Windows resource monitors before it blows.....
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for the reports guys and the files! Will take a look. Sorry this is happening.

Not a big deal but in the future please post new reports to a separate string. Helps us track issues better.

Mike
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: kaburke61

I'm not sure Sea Hag is the only culprit. With this latest version, I am getting OOM errors, where before
this version I had never had one. It's somewhat random for me, as I just restart from an autosave (scenarios I
have played in the past with no problems), and it continues on fine..... I have 16g of memory, and watching
memory usage, I don't see any spike on the Windows resource monitors before it blows.....

Do you have sound effects enabled?
Dimitris

RE: [LOG] Out of Memory Crash

Post by Dimitris »

ORIGINAL: kritter
Help I keep getting out of memory crash and I have 16G of ram on my system. Included is my file for your review, nothing that big here but it runs for a while and then crashes. It is an RAR file but I changed the extension to ZIP so it would upload.

batek688

Post by batek688 »

Realtek sound drivers by any chance? See my post on that and my findings.
kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

Yes, Yes I do. Music is set to off. And I have Realtek audio drivers.
ORIGINAL: Sunburn
ORIGINAL: kaburke61

kaburke61

Post by kaburke61 »

ORIGINAL: Sunburn
ORIGINAL: kritter

I think I found my problem with these. I have "Alien Audio" (a TSR), and in that program, there was
"Waves Maxx Audio" option, which is some kind of sound enhancement. When I disabled that, all my slowdowns
seem gone (I can now use High-Fidelity almost always no matter scenario), and no more "out of memory" crashes.

Return to “Tech Support”