Infinite Air Transport of supply

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderator: MOD_WarintheWest

LiquidSky

Infinite Air Transport of supply

Post by LiquidSky »

Breakout and Pursuit scenario.

When flying air transport missions, I will right-shift click a hex. Select all transports. Allow multiple flights.

Admin points will be deducted, air is flown, supply is dropped and fed to adjacent units.

I repeat on different hexes, until I notice I have the same squadrons flying each time. Using up no miles, yet still dropping supply.

If the enemy happens to have aircraft in range, he will intercept but never seems to shoot any of the planes down.

Supply is dropped. Repeat ad nauseum.

This is a save from the middle of the turn. I have the beginning if you need it...as well as turns before/after saved.
Attachments
QuickSave.zip
(1.51 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Joel Billings

RE: Infinite Air Transport of supply

Post by Joel Billings »

When I load your save and try to do an air transport mission I only get two level bomber groups in the list. All your transports list between 72-100% miles travelled. Is this what you're seeing too? Can you give me a specific hex to fly from and to where I can see this? I do seem to be able to launch these two level bomber groups repeatedly, but I don't think they are actually dropping anything and they aren't using up any admin points.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Those two squadrons can fly infinite missions. Just keep right clicking a friendly unit and they will fly supply...

You can look and see all the missions I have already flown in the battle screen. Doesn't matter if the unit already has supply, you can still fly the missions.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Here is the allied air phase before the movement phase of that turn.

The air doctrines are set for ground support only, to make that phase go by faster.

On the movement phase....pick an allied hex. Shift right click a friendly unit. Select all aircraft. Press Launch.

Repeat on another hex. Select all aircraft etc. Notice that the admin points are deducted for the level bombers.

After a while, the aircraft will be used up, and a couple of squadrons will remain. They will keep flying, using no admin points.

Resupply the entire allied army in france by right clicking on every unit.
Attachments
Saveturn..91944W.zip
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 2 times
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I see that some level bombers are not getting any miles flown. Transports do get miles and eventually can't fly. The 2 level bombers that can still fly don't seem to be dropping anything as the unit shows no more supplies and the temp depot in the hex shows no more freight. Are you seeing the unit or depot actually get something? Are you not having miles added to the transports?
-- Soren Kierkegaard
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I was able to keep flying those 2 bombers to every unit in France. If supply was less then around 95%, it would get supply. And the 2 Stirlings would be available to fly again (gain no miles). If the unit was fully supplied already, it would act like it flown, but drop no supplies..and use up no air miles. Even if air interception took place.

On an aside, I am trying to see if I can recreate the problem in another scenario.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Transports are always used it seems. Its just the two squadrons: No.620 RAF LB Sqn Stirling III Level Bomber
and No.196 RAF LB Sqn.

I started up a fresh Breakout scenario, and after the first turn (and all those American level bombers are gone) I can use up my transports and have those two squadrons left to keep flying supply.

There are always units in England as well that are a bit lower on supply that you can fly to, to see if the supply is actually dropped .

Aha....I can fly just the 620 squadron and it drops supplies and isn't used up. I think I know why. Give me a sec....

Yup...I figured it out. I can now make every squadron not gain miles and still drop supplies. Not just those two squadrons. Candy Bars and Bazookas for everybody!

The secret is:

are you ready?

oh wait..I gotta check dinner.

Aircraft set to fly at night do not gain miles. (on Air Transport: Freight).
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I can open up any scenario, change the Transport aircraft from DN to NO in the CR and they will fly freight without being used up.
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

I have had the very same thing, but mine show as flying to the troops, but when checking the new supply levels they dont change. It just shows them flying...doesnt use miles, then doesnt actually deposit anything. Check all those units to see if those infinite flights are actually generating freight dropped. Mine were not.
"Yeah that I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...because I am."
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

I thought that was the original bug. That they were flying (and fighting interceptors, getting shot by flak) but not dropping supplies. But as I spread out, and had more units that were less then 90% supply...so I had more targets to fly observable freight to.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Ok, I finally understand the nature of the bug. It does appear that airdrops during the day by air groups set to night only will cause units to get supplies (even though the flights don't seem to happen and in fact shouldn't). Players should obviously refrain from doing this until we're able to fix it. Thanks for sticking with it and for the saves.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”