GD1938 or ATG issue

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

cpdeyoung

GD1938 or ATG issue

Post by cpdeyoung »

I have come across an issue regarding units in non-allied territory in Game 15 of GD1938. Perhaps it is a
flaw best addressed in ATG. The problem came after units of a belligerent and a non-belligerent ally both
occupied a hex under attack. All enemy units were destroyed or driven out, leaving the non-belligerent ally
still in the hex, which now belonged to me. There is no provision for a non-ally to have units in hexes I own
other that this result, that I know of.

Perhaps this can happen in vanilla ATG also, and thus should be addressed there.

Chuck

Attachments
G15T09Oops.jpg
G15T09Oops.jpg (20.86 KiB) Viewed 71 times
ernieschwitz

RE: GD1938 or ATG issue

Post by ernieschwitz »

My guess is that this is a general ATG issue.

I can make an event to "intern" all non-allied troops on foreign ground. Not sure if I want to do that, or wait for Vic to make a patch... Vic?
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Found the issue in the combat code and corrected it with public beta hotfix v220e:

http://www.vrdesigns.nl/patches/Advance ... ld220e.zip

Hotfix install instruction:
1. Make a backup of your Matrix / Advanced Tactics Gold / AdvancedTacticsGold.exe file in case there is an issue with the hotfix.
2. Delete the AdvancedTacticsGold.exe file now
3. Manually copy AdvancedTacticsGold.exe file in the zip into your Matrix / Advanced Tactics Gold directory.
4. Do not use this hotfix on your Steam install. This is a hotfix for the Matrix install only.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Thank you gentlemen, excellent service.

Chuck
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

Yes much appreciated and thanks Claus for leting me know, we did see this come up, but it was very brief and we wondered, did we do something wrong

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”