Small, Stupid Question

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

paradigmblue

Small, Stupid Question

Post by paradigmblue »

Not a bug, just me turning a feature off and not knowing how to turn it back on:

On my most recent game, I'm not getting any red and yellow exclamation marks for low supply hexes. I'm sure that I just hit a hotkey that I didn't know about accidentally. How do I turn them back on?

I couldn't find the appropriate hotkey in the manual, or an option in the preferences menu.

Thanks!
wdolson

RE: Small, Stupid Question

Post by wdolson »

The exclamation marks come from a combination of using patch 1 or later and the icon sets introduced with patch 1. If you overwrote the icon set, or your using the release exe, you won't get the exclamation points. There is no switch to turn them on or off.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

The exclamation marks come from a combination of using patch 1 or later and the icon sets introduced with patch 1. If you overwrote the icon set, or your using the release exe, you won't get the exclamation points. There is no switch to turn them on or off.

Bill

I'm using the latest beta - I wonder if i need to reinstall?
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Look in the art folder and look at the mapicons files. The mapicons files are what you want to look at. The non-exclamation point icons have "alt" in the name, and the ones that are used are mapiconsXX.bmp, in which the last one or two letters are the nationality. The icon file should have the exclamation point icons at the end. If they don't, they probably got overwritten somehow.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Perfect! I overwrote those files with an icon set from another install, and it did the trick.

Thank you for the help!

Return to “Tech Support”