WW2 words of wisdom from veteren

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

patrickl

WW2 words of wisdom from veteren

Post by patrickl »

“If you encounter a unit you can’t identify, fire one round over their heads so it won’t hit anyone.

“If the response is a fusillade of rapid, precise rifle fire, they’re British.

“If the response is a s**tstorm of machine-gun fire, they’re German.

“If they throw down their arms and surrender, they’re Italian.

“And if nothing happens for five minutes and then your position is obliterated by support artillery or an airstrike, they’re American.”

[:D]
Banner designed by rogueusmc
Chris21wen

RE: WW2 words of wisdom from veteren

Post by Chris21wen »

[:D]
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

In the AH General issue for the introduction of ASL, they had a bit from an interview with a German who had faces the British, Russians, and Americans. He said the British could be predictable, but they were extremely disciplined and they would hold up under fire amazingly well. He said the Russians were fanatical whether on defense or offense.

When he got to the Americans he paused a bit and said that he did face American soldiers on the battlefield, but it was usually difficult to see them with all the artillery, aircraft, tanks, etc. He said the American strategy was essentially to throw everything at the enemy and then accept their surrender.

Sounds like a similar story.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
Big B

Post by Big B »

ORIGINAL: wdolson

In the AH General issue for the introduction of ASL, they had a bit from an interview with a German who had faces the British, Russians, and Americans. He said the British could be predictable, but they were extremely disciplined and they would hold up under fire amazingly well. He said the Russians were fanatical whether on defense or offense.

When he got to the Americans he paused a bit and said that he did face American soldiers on the battlefield, but it was usually difficult to see them with all the artillery, aircraft, tanks, etc. He said the American strategy was essentially to throw everything at the enemy and then accept their surrender.

Sounds like a similar story.

Bill

I've read that before [;)]

It reminded me of of something I read that I found surprising - given the US Marine Corps reputation.
I was reading Utter's Battalion, 2/7 Marines in Vietnam 1965-66. In it the author mentioned how the US Army at the time looked down upon the tactical practices of Marine officers - as behind the times and too costly in lives, while the impression of the Marines themselves seems to have been the Air Cav was most impressive.
Given the Marines image as legendary fighters, I was a bit taken aback by this.

B

Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 22 times

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”