Aircraft production version upgrade

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

colt6900

Aircraft production version upgrade

Post by colt6900 »

My KI57 A/C one is not transitioning to model two

Both versions show yellow for two months in aircraft replacement pool, however, only model one is actually
producing at a city. Model two is supposed to be in production but there is no city with model 2 producing and
model one has not automatically transition to model two at its production location?

I believe I found the answer, the aircraft randomly upgrade during the month?

I'm now seeing three of the four that should have upgraded, now upgrading slowly.
Chris21wen

RE: Aircraft production version upgrade

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: colt6900

Both versions show yellow for two months in aircraft replacement pool, however, only model one is actually
producing at a city. Model two is supposed to be in production but there is no city with model 2 producing and
model one has not automatically transition to model two at its production location?

I have been unable to find anything in the manual or on the forum to explain this?

Are you playing with 'Player Def Upgrades' on or off.
When did the Ki-57-II become available and what is the current game date.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

ORIGINAL: colt6900

I have been unable to find anything in the manual or on the forum to explain this?

If you check in your Industry screen (press 'J'), and find the factory for the Ki-57 version 1... does the bit under the column for Upgrade say Yes or No? If it says No... that's your problem.
Maglio

Post by Maglio »

I'm having similar problem, the upgrades are happening around 2 ½ months later as expected, I have stockpiled supplies on the bases above +30.000, I have in excess of 35.000 HI, upgrade, repair and production for the factories are all of them yes and I have in excess of 100 engines of the types required (the production of all other airframes using the same engine are off).
Any ideas why it takes so long to upgrade to the next model? So far this has happened to Ki 57II, Nell G3M3, Ki48 IIa and Mavis H6K5.
“Tres barquichuelos dieron a los Reyes de España la posesión del Nuevo Mundo, estas cuatro tablas van a quitárselo”.

Bernardo O' Higgins, October 10th, 1818, while watching the Chilean first fleet getting underway.
rustysi

Post by rustysi »

ORIGINAL: Maglio

I'm having similar problem, the upgrades are happening around 2 ½ months later as expected, I have stockpiled supplies on the bases above +30.000, I have in excess of 35.000 HI, upgrade, repair and production for the factories are all of them yes and I have in excess of 100 engines of the types required (the production of all other airframes using the same engine are off).
Any ideas why it takes so long to upgrade to the next model? So far this has happened to Ki 57II, Nell G3M3, Ki48 IIa and Mavis H6K5.

I don't have an answer for your question, but I just do it manually if it doesn't occur automatically. As usual when mucking about in the industry screen do a save in case you foul anything up. Then highlight the A/C to upgrade and click on the next model. As long as its due and in the A/C production string you won't lose any factories for making the change.
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”