SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes....

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

ratprince

SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes....

Post by ratprince »

It is getting ridiculous and annoying and unplayable.... why do the airbases just switch command?? I have to spend an hour every turn to switch them to the correct commands or pay a maintenance penalty..

Is this for sure being patched? If not, game is gonna have to be put on hold a bit. Frustrating in the extreme
"Yeah that I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...because I am."
joey

RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes....

Post by joey »

I am told that it is to be patched. I agree. It is frustrating.
Kumppi

Post by Kumppi »

Yeah it is a bit annoying. Though chancing them back every turn does not take but a minute for me. Just make sure to use CR filtered with Air Base HQ "Not match" and then sorted by air base. That's the quickest way.
Dante Fierro

Post by Dante Fierro »

Sounds like a top priority for next patch. Hopefully soon.
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

Krumpi, I do, but I had 127 air groups out of match last turn.....the prior turn, I had just reset everything. Even with the CR it is time consuming unless you have a faster way than clicking on the air base location, changing command then going back to the cr.... is there some bulk switch I dont know about?
"Yeah that I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...because I am."
Kumppi

Post by Kumppi »

I'm not switching air group HQs, but the HQ of the air base. In my case I have about 10 airbases that constantly change their HQ so all I have to do is switch those 10. The air groups use the right HQ and they don't change.

With CR you can at least click the location of the air base and it selects the right hex. Then clicking the air field icon in the top right you get to the air base detail window where you can change the HQ. After the change press C key to open CR again. Rinse and repeat.
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

yeah, thats exactly how I do it and the same problem, but LOTS of air groups. I had over a hundred each time...every turn...its just annoying when I am putting the effort into being efficient and not having maintenance issues...
carlkay58

Post by carlkay58 »

I use the Commander's Report. Set the filter for units to NONE and then hit the AIRBASE filter. Sort by Supply Priority - or just hit the Supply Priority hot switch and set them all to 3. At the start of each turn. A pain, but the Commander's Report makes it a bit easier to fix.

The next patch will have at least part (if not all) of this fixed.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We got a repeatable save of a case where airbases in England were changing their HQ. Gary was able to find the code that was doing that and deactivate it. Hopefully that will correct all the cases of HQ flipping, but we won't know for sure if this fixed all the cases until people play it. We hope to get a patch out by late this week.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
ratprince

Post by ratprince »

Thats total awesomeness.... thank you very much

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”