Where do you enter Hexdraw license key?!?

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Xenomorph

Where do you enter Hexdraw license key?!?

Post by Xenomorph »

I bought hexdraw a looong time ago and am trying to re-install on a new pc. I have my license key, order id etc but I can't figure out where you put in the license key to convert hexdraw from the free version to the paid version. I seem to recall it asking for the key at some point but it's not doing that now. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded a new demo version hoping it would ask for the key. To no avail. Frustrating. Thanks for any help.
CapnDarwin

RE: Where do you enter Hexdraw license key?!?

Post by CapnDarwin »

I'll admit, I don't know. I don't see any license files. I have an install file and then a 1.1 exe file and that is it. Jo Bader has posted on the forums here, you may be able to PM him for a direct answer.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
WildCatNL

Post by WildCatNL »

ORIGINAL: Xenomorph

I bought hexdraw a looong time ago and am trying to re-install on a new pc. I have my license key, order id etc but I can't figure out where you put in the license key to convert hexdraw from the free version to the paid version. I seem to recall it asking for the key at some point but it's not doing that now. I even uninstalled and re-downloaded a new demo version hoping it would ask for the key. To no avail. Frustrating. Thanks for any help.

I checked my order confirmation, and it contains a download link to a HexDrawFullSetup.exe. I suspect you cannot convert the demo to a "full" version using the just the key; you'd need to explicitly have the "full" version.

William
William
On Target Simulations LLC
Tazak

Post by Tazak »

I reinstalled hexdraw recently and it asked for the key on first launch, I did however download and install via the full download rather than a demo
AUCTO SPLENDORE RESURGO
Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

Y, I emailed Jo. I just recall from long ago asking him a few questions and he just took a bit of time to respond - although he's very helpful once he finds a moment. I thought maybe there was a quick fix and yesterday I had some of that very expensive free time that Mad Russian refers to. Thanks for the help! I used the time getting used to hexdraw again on the trial version. Should I be hoping for a Broncos victory today? If that happens next weekend I'll be glued to the tv and not making maps. Gosh, what a moral conundrum!
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

The Bronchos took care of your problem for you.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

Painful. I only got home toward the end of the game. I learned a great lesson tho! If you work on FCRS maps while your team is going down in horrible defeat, it makes the loss much easier to bear. So there's that.
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

Did you get an answer from Mr. Bader?

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”