Attack Odds on Main Form

World in Flames is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. World In Flames is a highly detailed game covering the both Europe and Pacific Theaters of Operations during World War II. If you want grand strategy this game is for you.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

jcrohio

Attack Odds on Main Form

Post by jcrohio »

In the Land Combat Declaration Phase the Attack Odds are shown in the Main Form. Sometimes the Odds are followed by the letter "B". Example: 7-1;B. What does the "B" represent?

Thanks
Jack
Jack
composer99

RE: Attack Odds on Main Form

Post by composer99 »

B would be for blitz combat, if that option is available.

(Edit to add: Technically, the option is always available; I assume whether the 'B' is present or not relates to whether a blitz combat has different odds or die roll modifiers than an assault.)
~ Composer99
karnack

Post by karnack »

It means "Breakthrough".
Thus, the defender loses X units and a breakthrough occurs allowing attacking units to continue moving without having to reorganize after combat. Essentially it is as if they didn't move to conduct the battle. I loooooooooooove breakthroughs [8D]
-Do, or do not, there is no "try."
Orm

Post by Orm »

(Edit to add: Technically, the option is always available; I assume whether the 'B' is present or not relates to whether a blitz combat has different odds or die roll modifiers than an assault.)
I am pretty sure that this is the correct answer.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

It is.

It can only happen in a blitz combat, so composer was not totally wrong, but it stands for Breakthrough.

Return to “World in Flames”