Broken Issues that need fixed Please

Close Combat: Gateway to Caen is the latest release in the critically-acclaimed Close Combat series and focuses on the largest, concentrated British offensive since the Normandy landings in an attempt to penetrate the German lines west of Caen and cross the Odon River to get the stalled advance moving again.
Turre

RE: Hopefull fixes for next patch

Post by Turre »

Hello Steve and Matrix team.

I have a serious bug announcement to make. [:)]
In case you weren't aware there's one quite annoying issue in GtC and PitF that should be fixed. It is the TELEPORT MOUNTING BUG. Infantry units and towed guns ordered to mount from a distance can teleport across the map to mount in transport vehicles. I surely doubt it's supposed to work like that. The current feature really diminishes the realism of the otherwise so good games. [:(]
As you are planning your next patch I suggest you add this on your fix list. [;)]

Turre
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

ORIGINAL: Turre

Hello Steve and Matrix team.

I have a serious bug announcement to make. [:)]
In case you weren't aware there's one quite annoying issue in GtC and PitF that should be fixed. It is the TELEPORT MOUNTING BUG. Infantry units and towed guns ordered to mount from a distance can teleport across the map to mount in transport vehicles. I surely doubt it's supposed to work like that. The current feature really diminishes the realism of the otherwise so good games. [:(]
As you are planning your next patch I suggest you add this on your fix list. [;)]

Turre

Which version do you have? And when (single or multi?) and with which units does this thing happen? I have not seen such a bug so far and could not reproduce it at the moment.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

steve
for sure the airstrike crash shows up in the LSA GJS mod. it appears to be map related tho...crewman contacted you about this or at least posted this awhile ago i believe.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: STIENER

steve
for sure the airstrike crash shows up in the LSA GJS mod. it appears to be map related tho...crewman contacted you about this or at least posted this awhile ago i believe.

People have reported air strike and H2H crash bugs in the older games???

Why would the syncing of game data during battle after the H2H connection is established be different in PiTF and or GtC where a lobby was added for finding and initiating the communication at the start???

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Which version do you have? And when (single or multi?) and with which units does this thing happen? I have not seen such a bug so far and could not reproduce it at the moment.

Here is a link to the PiTF forum where it was reported with a link to a you tube video showing the problem;

tm.asp?m=3563479
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

I believe some of the UI issues are in this as well, but I will have to go back to confirm.

That's disappointing.
SOME?

I had no idea how much I used those features until they were gone.
Personally I just cant play the game without them.

The Bug for Mounting/Dismounting is also a huge dagger.
You guys learned Nothing from previous releases.

I can understand the short budget,I really do.
But to not follow the forums that support the Very game you create to learn from previous mistakes is unacceptable.
PztCrackwise

Post by PztCrackwise »

Guys, I can't seem to produce mount/dismount bug on singleplayer. I have the version 1.01 and it seems to work just fine. The troops or guns ordered to mount to some truck far across the map run the whole distance towards the truck until they get close enough to it to mount. Nothing wrong there.

Perhaps it was a bug in the 1.0 release and got fixed later on?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The Mount bug reported in Panthers was fixed for the initial release of Gateway to Caen.

Steve
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

If an air strike crash is occurring in LSA GJS mod, it isn't this specific bug. The code is different. So it isn't just a matter of back porting changes.

H2H air strike crashes have been reported in earlier versions, but the reasons for them vary. Way back (CC4/5?) there was a bug where air strike weapons could hit off the map if you targeted near the edge. This was fixed, I think in TLD? Perhaps LSA. At other times there have been 'end of battle' crashes that have occurred because someone ended the battle with an air strike, which they reported as an air strike crash when that wasn't the root problem.

Steve
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

thanks for the reply steve.
the air strike crashes in LSA GJS mod happen when you use the air strike....the game crashs right after the strike. it does appear to be map related as it doesnt happen on all maps that an air strike is used on from what i have seen.
RD_Knights_X

Post by RD_Knights_X »

Re: Air Strikes Not Impacting Targeted Vehicles

Steve, you need to know that I just observed an air strike in GtC last night where the intended target (my Mrk IV tank)was very close to the map edge and the aircraft flew right over it and no ordinance was dropped or fired on the tank....thank god for me. So, if you think this issue has been fixed in all CC's since TLD, that appears to not be the case.

FYI
Cathartes

Post by Cathartes »

I can't reproduce the mount/dismount bug in GtC. If someone can, please post here and let us know exactly how. This was fixed and tested in beta testing, and haven't heard about since until this thread.

So far it seems Steve has fixed the airstrike crash in h2h, but testing continues, we even found a couple bugs no one seems to have ever reported or noticed. [;)]. In what is now probably roughly a hundred multiplayer battles we have yet to see a 00:00 crash/freeze or a crash/freeze on truce.

Turre

Post by Turre »

Thanks for your reply and correction. It appears the mount/dismount bug only happens in PitF.
Sorry, my bad. [:(]
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

The Mount bug reported in Panthers was fixed for the initial release of Gateway to Caen.

Steve

Great for those who buy GtC but when will it be fixed in PiTF for the people who reported it (and other owners) for that game???
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The next time there is a Panthers in the Fog update, it will include a fix for this bug. I cannot confirm any delivery date for this right now, however.

Steve

Return to “Close Combat - Gateway to Caen”